House of Madness

House of Madness (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/index.php)
-   We're All Mad Here! (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Blessed Be the Fruit (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27639)

Serena Joy 07-23-2018 12:31 AM

Blessed Be the Fruit

Hi!

My name's Jake. I'm twenty-six, live in the US, and I work full-time as a newspaper reporter. I've been RPing for forever it seems - I think I started when I was seventeen, and I'm rapidly approaching twenty-seven. I've been out of the forum RPing game for a minute, but I ran into Tom through a mutual friend and he invited me here.

Right now my main obsession is The Handmaid's Tale - both book and television show. I really enjoy the social and political messages in the show, and I find them particularly pertinent after 2016's disastrous presidential election.

I also really enjoy chatting/plotting with people. If you'd like to message me on discord, just pm me. I'm looking forward to writing here, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Chaos Theory 07-23-2018 12:43 AM

Yay Jake :) welcome! Hopefully we can get Ethan and some other ships and characters going quickly :) it’s great to see another member joining the board so if you have any questions, you know how to get hold of me :00D:

Space Oddity 07-23-2018 12:53 AM

Hi Jake! I'm Shadow, 28, and also live in the US! But it's a big country so that doesn't mean much. I'm in Florida right now, but originally from about 30 minutes outside NYC, and I've lived in Boston and Los Angeles. :) I haven't watched The Handmaid's Tale, but a lot of that has to do with a) my problems with Margaret Atwood and b) feeling no need to look into my country's future any more than I have to. Too busy trying to keep it from happening!

I'm not making new characters right now, but if you see any of my current characters that you'd like to connect with, shoot me a PM! I'm not on Discord, but I'm on Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype, and I use all of them all the time. Welcome to the madhouse!

no body, no crime 07-23-2018 01:12 AM

Welcome Jake! I'm Heidi a fellow USer haha. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, Washington not far from Seattle. It's nice to see a new face around here!

Cerulean 07-29-2018 07:34 AM

Hiyo Jake! I'm Rixie, and live in the Netherlands. I really love the Handmaid's tale on tv. :D I've never read the book though.

Hope you'll feel at home quickly here :)

Midnight King 08-03-2018 02:26 PM

Hi Jake! Welcome to House of Madness! I'm Benno, I'm from the UK and unfortunately I've never seen The Handmaiden's Tale, but I've been told I should watch it so it's on my list. I hope you enjoy the board and hopefully we can cross paths at some point to do some great writing!

Morrigan Crow 08-03-2018 02:50 PM

Hello Jake! I am Sandra from Sweden and I am kind of an old with my almost 32. Oh well. XD Welcome to HoM! Hope you'll like it here. :)