House of Madness

House of Madness (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/index.php)
-   We're All Mad Here! (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   *Insert witty title* (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28305)

Cyndrome 12-31-2018 07:47 PM

*Insert witty title*

Hey all,

The last time I've RP'ed must be at least 10 years go. People from back then, might remember me. My name is Cynthia, I'm from the Netherlands. I'm 34 years old and I'm currently working parttime as a radiographer and I'm studying Psychology at an Open University.
I like to write, I'm a master in starting WIPs and never finishing them. I like to write in English, probably because I used to RP in English and my favorite authors write in English (seriously, Dutch translations suck). My main genre is romance, mixed with either supernatural, sci-fi, urban fantasy, or high-fantasy.
I am not picky in AU's, I've RP'ed in the X-men universe and Harry Potter. Back in the day, I also RP'ed in a Charmed AU.
Anyway...
Hi :)

Chaos Theory 12-31-2018 07:51 PM

Hey :00D: I think I remember you, Cynthia! Welcome back to HoM :00D:

I'm Tom, an admin, so if you have any questions feel free to ask away :^^D:

Daisy Johnson 12-31-2018 07:53 PM

Do I know you?? You feel familiar! I feel like I must know you... were you on Charmed: The Prophecy, or X-Evolution, etc?

Anyway. Hi, I'm Phoebe :D I'm one of the admin! It's great to have you here :happyheart: I'd love to get to RP with you!

Cyndrome 12-31-2018 07:57 PM

If you are "the" Tom, I think I remember you also ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I'll slowly re-acquaintance myself with RP and what's what and so on... Maybe dig up my photoshop program from whatever archive it's in.

If anyone could advise me on which RP I should try first, I would be grateful!

Edit answering Phoebe:
Phoebe, you might remember me from X-Evolution, that name sounds familiar. I think I played a character inspired by Jean, probably someone with Empathy as power... No idea. It was too long ago.

Heartbreak Girl 12-31-2018 07:58 PM

Hi! I'm pretty sure I've seen you on another board in the past I just don't remember which one... anyway, I'm Carly one of the admins here and I'm glad you found us :D

If you need help with anything feel free to ask!

Daisy Johnson 12-31-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyndrome (Post 593448)
If anyone could advise me on which RP I should try first, I would be grateful!

What kind of game do you like the most? Fantasy or real world?

You mentioned Harry Potter - we have a Harry Potter game. And related to X-Men (kinda), we have Locke Town, which is a game based loosely on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Midnight Sun is a general paranormal/supernatural game.

Space Oddity 12-31-2018 08:06 PM

Hi Cynthia! I've been around the RP block for years, but the only Cynthia I ever knew went by Cyn and was already in her 40s about 10 years ago, so, definitely not you. I'm Shadow! Nice to meet you. :) I hope to see you around!

My current obsession on the board is Seoul, which is funny because I think everyone here knows me as someone who avoids RL games in favor of AU/fantasy/scifi ones. If you're more of an AU person, my favorites are Second Life and Midnight Sun!

Daisy Johnson 12-31-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyndrome (Post 593448)
Edit answering Phoebe:
Phoebe, you might remember me from X-Evolution, that name sounds familiar. I think I played a character inspired by Jean, probably someone with Empathy as power... No idea. It was too long ago.

Just seen this! I don't remember ANY of my characters from X-Evolution :seenoevil: But me, Mags and Lee built/ran the board so that's probably where I know you from.

Cyndrome 12-31-2018 08:14 PM

Carly and Tom... Aren't you two friends of Rixie? I "know" you two, from stories from Rixie and from back in the day. Rixie and I have been friends since childhood. After a long "break" in our friendship, we recently connected again. Also reason to ask Rixie were she RP'ed and if she would mind if I join also.

So if you're friends with Rixie 10 years ago, then you'd probably know me too.

I think I'm going to read the intros of the different RP's and pick one that speaks to me. I like the fantasy world best. I like Harry Potter and I actually know some stuff about it, haha. My knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is spotty at best. Midnight Sun sounds intriguing also.

illium 12-31-2018 08:14 PM

Hi Cynthia! I'm Elly, welcome back to HoM! I love anything fantasy/sci-fi related so I tend to gravitate towards those types of games as well and like Shadow, I'm also hooked on Seoul :D Hope to see you around in some of the games :)