House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Favorite trends

Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
favorite trends

Who are your favorite fashion trends? Past or present.

Some of my favorite trends are

- leather jackets
- military style clothes
- skinny jeans
- bright colored jeans
- band tees
- ripped/destressed jeans
- animal print
- skulls
- studs and spikes
- TOMS
- Vans
- platform heels
- banded dresses
- babydoll style tops and dresses

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Twilight Reverie
abyss of time
Award Winner / Main Act
amy hemsworth
the sunshine state
13,601 posts
Totally rocking the long sweater and tights with boots today. I'm abusing the hell out of this trend, and will probably do more after I get certain Christmas presents.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #3
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
Amy, replace tights with ankle length leggings and that is me. It's either a long sweater/tunic with mostly black leggings, black boots or black heels.

I just can't in the winter. I'm already tired and I live in sweatpants, thermals, and uggboots so it's SUPER hard to get me into real clothes.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I pretty much consider my style to be trendy business, with the occasional dash of business casual. So what means is:

-Dress pants, blouse and blazer
-Pencil skirts galore
-Dresses for fancier occasions
-Anything that H&M puts out, pretty much.

If you like an item in my wardrobe, chances are you'll be able to find it at H&M.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
My favorite "trend" right now is the onepiece. Yeah, I don't get out much. Haha
Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #6
Writebrained
i started all the wars
Award Winner / Donor
Nai
ImagiNAItion
3,646 posts
Usually I cannot stand most trends, but sometimes there's a few that I cannot resist! And often times, I don't even realize there is a trend happening because I cannot dress myself too well so I don't know what is or isn't (does anyone speak gibberish? lol)

I'm assuming this includes hair? Lol. Well, I really love the quarter/partly shaved head looks on women these days. It gives a very attractive masculine edge that I 100% fancy. I also love doing fohawks.

As far as cloths, again I dunno if these count as trends? But I'm really into women in men's clothes lol. My purchases of late are shirts from the men section. I also love oversized shirts in general. I remember also hating skinny jeans (thought they looked ridiculous!) but I love them now because they tuck into my boots. Speaking of boots, I've never not loved boots. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I want to get rid of all my shoes and replace them with boots. People think I'm nuts for wearing boots in the summer but my feet don't ever get hot. I wear scarfs the same way, too. I've never not liked scarfs. I love rings, big rings.

Yep.

you're mistaking all my mistakes for my crooked nature
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #7
Rock Me Amadeus
at a cruel angle.
Award Winner / Donor
Nicole
Michigantown
975 posts
In the spring/summer/fall, I'm the kind of person who rarely ever wears pants. I generally wear a dress or a skirt almost every day and pair it with tights or leggings. I really love to experiment with color, too, whether it be in my clothes, in my tights, or in my shoes. I tend to pair everything with a bright colored flat or heel.

In the winter, however, I can't do that shit. It's too fucking cold. I generally try to do a sweater dress two or three times a month, but I freeze so much that it takes me awhile to get the courage to do it again. In the winter, I live in jeans, hoodies and sneakers. I look a mess, but I really don't care. I'd rather be warm than look good, LOL!

When it comes to hair, I love to try new things. I never dye my hair, because I love my natural color, but when it comes to the style, I'll try anything once. It's just hair, it'll grow back. I am, however, rather lazy when it comes to my hair, so whatever I do with it, it has to still manage to look good on the days when I just can't be bothered. Which is most days, let's face it.

and with one kiss, you inspired a fire of devotion

that lasts for twenty years. what kind of man loves like this?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
Nay, I know you're a natural girl, but have you ever thought about shaving your sides? I did and it's actually pretty fun, but I'm not sure about how the potential growing out stage will be. In any case, I don't think I'll be wanting to for a long time. I like it. My hair is pretty and edgy at the same time.

I saw some Moccasin boots on sale today and I'm still debating whether I can carry off all that fringe.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I also really love scarves and boots. I guess living in a place where you get 50cm of snow in one shot makes that a prerequisite lol. I got two pairs of those cropped boots for the summer which I love and wear literally everywhere. I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can wear them out again because they are just so fucking classy.

I am also really into vintage right now. I just love a classy, well-put together vintage outfit. I shop a lot at this boutique near school called 1861. Their stuff is expensive but so worth it. Here is an example of the stuff that they bring in. I feel so pretty in everything I try on lol it's always a problem to have to put things back on the rack.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #10
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Okay, as a more serious response to this that doesn't involve a onepiece; I'm sort of obsessed with skulls (like the Macqueen scarf) mixed with crosses and religious imagery. Idk, I like the contrast between the two. I have three bracelets that I wear every time I leave the house: one is silver spikes, one has gold colored skulls, and one has wooden relics, Jesus and the Virgin Mary. Just details though, I don't wanna go overboard and have it be too much and look tacky.
New Thread  Reply