House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Makeup Box

Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
cute makeup looks

Blush, lipstick, and mascara are amazing art tools we use to decorate our faces. Post cute looks or awesome tutorials for some looks you love or want to try!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
illium
heavy metal & reflective
Donor
elly
spira
633 posts
Lately, I've been obsessed with lipsticks and I'm really into the bright, vibrant colors. My current favorite is Maybelline's Color Whisper. It goes on real smooth and light. The colors I have are Mocha Muse (I like nude shades ) and Pin Up Peach. The downside is that they don't last long, but I usually put on a bit of lip liner first to make the color stay.

Or maybe I'm just into Maybelline since I also got Shocking Coral from their Color Sensational Vivids collection. I don't think I can pull off a bold color like red, it makes my lips look like they're not there LOL Anyway, I just wanted to share some shades that I'm currently crazy about
Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Here's what I use for Makeup:

-Concealer: Physician's formula dual end liquid concealer. I have really dark bags under my eyes and this thing works like a charm. For years, I used to use Clé de Peau, which was like 60$ for a tube, but the Physician's formula is like 5$ and it works amazingly. Even better than Clé de Peau.
-Foundation: Physician's Formula loose powder foundation. I really like it. Powder foundation works best for me because I tend to have dry skin and so you can really see it with liquid/cream foundation. I usually just dust a bit on, I don't have much that needs hiding with my complexion that I can't do with concealer.
-Eye: I use this L'Oreal dual shadow thing: It's like a pencil and you use the main grey color for the whole eye and then the dark purple as the liner. It's amazing and my eye looks amazing every time.
-Lip: Pro-tip. Don't use lipliner on just the edges of your lips, use it all over your lips. Not only will it help your color stay on, when the color finally does wear, the pencil tends to stay on meaning that your lip never looks totally nude! I use Sephora Collection's Pleasant Plum and Lovely Lilac (depends on what I feel like using on a day) and for the lipstick I use Temptation 26 - Deep Mauve. I also use Mr. Lover 10 - Bright Fuchsia sometimes.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 05-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
illium
heavy metal & reflective
Donor
elly
spira
633 posts
^ I've grown to love lip liners for that purpose, but I can't seem to find one that glides smoothly I've been using some from Covergirl, but they dry up my lips like crazy. I sometimes put a little bit of vaseline before I do that, but I do want to try other brands eventually.

Aaaand a few days ago, I just bought two more lipsticks :x They're called Lasting Finish by Kate Moss, it's a new lipstick collection from Rimmel and I'm in love with them. I got #12 which is like an orange/coral shade (I've been wanting to get one for a looong time) and I got #103 which is a pink color and it's not listed on the site LOL but these lipsticks smell awesome and they're not the shimmery kind. I'm going to be using these for a while
Old 05-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
^Sephora's are pretty great for their glide factor. I was having the same problem but I think that Sephora's have natural oils in them which make them way easier to apply!

Rimmel makes the best face primer that I have ever used. It's 10 dollars and it really does even everything out before you apply everything else. I don't know anybody who could pull off shade #04. The coral one looks amaze!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
My makeup box has been updated. Here's what I've been loving lately:

-Moisturizer: Moisturizer really is so important if you're using full-face makeup every single day. I've been loving the Kiehl's moisturizer in the Blue bottle. I use it twice a day, before i put on my makeup and after I take it off.
-Primer: I've been using Benefit's Hello Flawless primer. I still don't know whether I like it or not. I think that my favorite primer ever was Rimmel's primer in the white bottle. It's really orange but my god does that thing ever even out your skintone.
-Concealer: I haven't been too blemish-prone lately which is great, BUT i have major under eye darkness, so what I do is I base everything with foundation and then I've been using the Maybelline bright eye illuminating concealer for under my eyes and then I use the Rimmel all-over concealer stick to go over.
-Foundation: It depends. if I'm not going somewhere that I need to look nice, I use Maybelline FIT but it's not very full-coverage so I really will just use it if I'm going to the drugstore or something. If my skin is not doing well, then I use Clinique's matte finish medium coverage concealer, but if I'm having a flawless week, then I use Lancome's new pump concealer. It's expensive but you only need two pumps to do your whole face, which is sweet.
-Bronzer: I've just been using the Rimmel bronzer to give my skin a nice sunkissed look.
-Blush: I use one of the Smashbox duo pallets when I want to have really pinky looking cheeks, or Revlon's Berry Blush when I want to go for something more natural.
-Eyeshadow: I've been loving Benefit's easiest neutrals pallet when I want to go for a neutral, Lana Del Rey inspired look, but when I want something more dramatic, I've been using the Sephora & Pantone Metallics Pallet. GORGEOUS COLORS and they don't smudge which is great.
-Eyeliner: Either the Rimmel eyeliner or Stila smudge pot in Black.
-Eye pencil: I've been using a RImmel blue one a lot or the Marcelle Blackest Black eyeliner pencil.
-Mascara: While I use expensive products for almost every other component of my face, I use Maybelline "The Falsies" as my mascara. Tanya Burr swears by this and I can see why. Your lashes just look AMAZING with the mascara. OMFG.
-Lips: Clinique lip balm pencil in Candy Cane, which I want to say is #13.
-Powder: Laura Mercier invisible powder is AMAZING. So nice.

As you can see, I go pretty full-face at all times, but it really does make such a difference.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,399 posts
I'm cheap, haha. I like makeup but I either go super simple or super striking. I don't really do in-between. It's either foundation and black eyeliner, or full eye makeup in crazy color combinations.

I've been using L'Oreal True Match C1 powder foundation for years. I used to think Shiseido was the only brand that carried my color (I really am THAT pale) but then a friend who happens to be a pro model introduced me to this stuff and I've never looked back. Also, since it's a powder, it doesn't clog up my pores like the liquid stuff from Shiseido used to.

For nails, eyeliner, and some eyeshadow, Milani is my go-to brand, and has been since I was, like, 14. Their Easy Liner is great for a lazy day when you'll only be out for an hour or two but their Liquif'eye eyeliner pencils will last all day. They also recently released a series of glitter eyeliners that I adore. The blue glitter eyeliner lasted through a full day of roller coasters!

As for eyeshadow, I do use some Milani pallets, but I've also got a lot of Cover Girl pallets (I told you I was cheap), and one massive, 80-shade pallet that my friend Kris gave me as a present last year. I lovelovelove this thing and have made good use of it! I just can't think of the brand off the top of my head.

I don't really do lips, unless I'm going for a specific effect, but when I do, I prefer lipstains to lipsticks. They're just a bitch to get off, so I really don't use them very often at all.

Pro-tip for everyone that I learned from a theatre friend: After you finish applying all your makeup, take a cheap, fine mist hairspray, close your eyes, and spray lightly over your face. Let it settle for 15-20 seconds before opening your eyes. It will help keep your makeup from running and smudging!

[/Shadow is actually a girl sometimes]

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:06 AM   #8
Living Dead Girl
closed world, open wounds
Donor
LM
Suicide Room
1,631 posts
I got a gift card to Sephora from my boyfriend for Christmas but have yet to utilize it. I'm so used to just going to a drug store and getting whatever looks good to me at the time but I'm ready to up my game. Since I trust y'all, I'd rather see if you gals have some suggestions for some of your favorite products from Sephora than trusting some random pins from pinterest. I usually just rock primer, concealer, foundation, eyeliner, and mascara but I have been known to rock eye shadow and lipstick on special occasions. So yeah, if you don't mind, throw some suggestions my way!

사랑이 사랑만으로 완벽하길

내 모든 약점들은 다 숨겨지길
Old 01-31-2015, 12:40 AM   #9
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
For primer, I really like Porefessional by Benefit or the Smashbox primer. Concealer is definitely the Nars creamy concealer (your undereyes will thank you). For mascara, Too Faced's Better than Sex mascara is awesome or Lights, Camera, Flashes from Tarte.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #10
Living Dead Girl
closed world, open wounds
Donor
LM
Suicide Room
1,631 posts
Thanks Erika!

They were out of stock of the Nars creamy concealer in my color (custard, I believe) so they have me on a list to call when it comes in but I did get the Lights, Camera, Lashes and I can't wait to try it! I will still have plenty left on my gift card even after I get the concealer so I just have to decide what else to get. I loved their brushes so I'll probably snag a set of those but I'm still open to any and all recommendations. I really want to up my makeup game this year. xD

사랑이 사랑만으로 완벽하길

내 모든 약점들은 다 숨겨지길
New Thread  Reply