House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Welcome to the Carnival We're All Mad Here! → Requiem In Wonderland

Old 04-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Requiem
a whole new world
Award Winner / Donor
Sera
New Jersey
1,784 posts
Down the rabbit hole I go!

Greetings, all! I'm Sera, another recruit of what I suspect is Shadow's growing legion of doom. I'm prone to tangents, whims, and flights of fancy. I've never been/played/written/insert-term-here on a board like this before, so bear with me. However, I've been writing for my own enjoyment for close to a decade. And realizing it's been that long just made me feel old. Damn. I was planning on going to college for journalism, but things don't always go as planned now do they? I used to write fanfiction in high school, but after meeting some of the subjects of said stories (I primarily wrote about guys in bands) it felt different to me. I kept writing non-specific plots, though. Too many characters live in my head.

My three big vices are music, movies/TV, and books. I've traveled the country coast to coast to see shows (By shows, I'll always mean concerts. As Shadow informed me, sometimes people take "shows" to mean theater shows. And while I enjoy theater [I love RENT like crazy] it's not something I frequent). My genre of choice is rock/post-hardcore/metalcore/whatever-the-hell-they-call-stuff-now. I can talk movies for days (and I have, haha), so if you're so inclined I'm always up to chat about that As far as TV shows, I live on Netflix so if I haven't seen it I've probably heard of it. A few of my favorites are Game of Thrones (loveloveLOVE), Archer, Battlestar Galactica, Lie To Me, The Vampire Diaries, Sherlock, Family Guy/South Park/Futurama, and so many more that will take up all of the space if I list them. I'm usually not caught up on current seasons (save GoT) because I'd usually rather wait and see the whole thing at once than wait a week between episodes. Delayed instant gratification, I suppose? What I do doesn't always make sense. In fact, it frequently does not. To round out this paragraph with books, some of my favorite authors/book series: A Song of Ice and Fire (favorite series overall of all time), Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments, The Vampire Chronicles, Anita Blake series, and anything by Dan Brown, Michael Crichton, Robin Cook, Poppy Z. Brite, etc, as well as pretty much any autobiography I can get my hands on (highly favoring musicians).

Other things I enjoy include everything related in any way to Disney or Tim Burton, tattoos (5), piercings (1 left), cutting and dyeing my hair in a variety of ways, road trips, Halloween and horror themed anything, acquiring knowledge so as not to feel like a TOTAL dolt, and frequent trips to my gym for all the awesome exercising! Total lie. Working out blows.

So...yeah. I ramble a lot, as evidenced in this unnecessarily long introduction. Believe it or not, I restrained myself. As always, there's more to a person than a paragraph (or 4) can provide, so feel free to PM me if some of those words up there appeal to you Oh, and I have a crippling need to belong so please love me. Please?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Hey! Wow, haha, that's quite an intro. I think I like quite a lot of the things you do, as far as entertainment goes. Anyway, welcome! I'm sure anyone Shadow refers is flawless. I'm Phoebe! *waves*
Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
Hi Sera! I'm Heidi I looove Rent too! As well as GoT (I'm only on season 2 though, TVD, Sherlock, Harry Potter Its cool to meet more of the awesome Shadow's friends! You'll fit right in!! I'm always up for plotting or chatting!

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 04-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Brianna Randall
he's clueing for looks...
Award Winner / Donor
Lindsey Stan
Sassenach
10,716 posts
Hey there, welcome to the boards. I'm Lindsey and if you need any help or just want to chat feel free to PM me any time. I love TVD, Lie To Me, GOT and Sherlock as well. I'm currently reading the GOT books as well, almost finished B2, and I love The Mortal Instruments and Harry Potter as well.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Hi Sara, welcome to the boards! I'm Erika, one of the staff members - it's always good to see new recruits! If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm merely a PM or IM away!!!

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
Requiem
a whole new world
Award Winner / Donor
Sera
New Jersey
1,784 posts
Yeah, sorry for the laundry list of random information. I checked out some other introductions and it seemed like everyone knew someone from somewhere else or other boards and I was like...I am a complete stranger, haha. My brain was kind of like, "TELL THEM ALL THE THINGS!".

Phoebe: Shadow was telling me a little about you when she showed me the site the other day, haha. Hi! *additional waves*

Heidi: Oh man, so much GoT greatness awaits you! I can't wait for the new episode tonight And I love your Warehouse 13 sig!

Lindsey: Not nearly enough people I know have seen Lie To Me. The premise of it is just amazing to me and I'm so bummed it was cancelled. Oh, and the GoT books are even better than the show if you can imagine it. Storm of Swords will blow your mind.

Erika: I'm familiarizing myself with as much as possible before plunging in, but I'll definitely hit you up if I hit a wall. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
Heart Out
it's just you & I tonight
Carnie
Rochelle
Akielos
2,219 posts
Hello Sera and welcome! I'm Rochelle and we share a couple of common (universal?) interests because hellooooo, who doesn't adore Game of Thrones and Harry Potter? I would definitely recommend Le Coeur de Marais for any HP fan by the way, but I understand it's gigantic and possibly a little daunting haha. I hope you have fun here! I'm always open to new plots and characters

Old 04-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
Requiem
a whole new world
Award Winner / Donor
Sera
New Jersey
1,784 posts
Some of them are pretty universal, haha. Speaks to the talent of the authors. I'm actually looking at the guide and seeing how Le Coeur de Marais works in another tab as we speak, haha. Daunting is a fitting word. Then again, who doesn't like a little challenge? ;)
Old 04-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #9
Brianna Randall
he's clueing for looks...
Award Winner / Donor
Lindsey Stan
Sassenach
10,716 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, sorry for the laundry list of random information. I checked out some other introductions and it seemed like everyone knew someone from somewhere else or other boards and I was like...I am a complete stranger, haha. My brain was kind of like, "TELL THEM ALL THE THINGS!".

Phoebe: Shadow was telling me a little about you when she showed me the site the other day, haha. Hi! *additional waves*

Heidi: Oh man, so much GoT greatness awaits you! I can't wait for the new episode tonight And I love your Warehouse 13 sig!

Lindsey: Not nearly enough people I know have seen Lie To Me. The premise of it is just amazing to me and I'm so bummed it was cancelled. Oh, and the GoT books are even better than the show if you can imagine it. Storm of Swords will blow your mind.

Erika: I'm familiarizing myself with as much as possible before plunging in, but I'll definitely hit you up if I hit a wall. Thanks!
I haven't watched Lie To Me for awhile, but I do love that show, I'm hoping to get all seasons on DVD. And I'll probably finish the second book by tonight, because I think I only have 2 pages left to read. So definitely close.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #10
Requiem
a whole new world
Award Winner / Donor
Sera
New Jersey
1,784 posts
I watched the series through twice, but it's been a while for me as well. I just got all three seasons of GoT on blu ray so my budget for media is pretty done for the time being, haha. And 2 pages sure does count as close, I'd say :P
New Thread  Reply