House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Dream Wedding

Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
playing the bridge

Wedding are awesome. You get to have a huge ass party basically celebrating the fact that you're going to have sex with your best friend for the rest of your life. You get to dress up and eat cake. It's like being royalty. What do you want your wedding to be like?

Honestly, I only made this thread to discuss the possible tackiness of my future wedding. Like... I'm kind of obsessed with how huge those dresses are on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I've already planned mine Simon and I both love the history of naval warfare and we're both antisocial creatures who hate attention, so... we're going to take our closest family and friends down to London and get married there.

I'd love to have some kind of cute theme going on as well, like a movie theme or something Disney. Maybe a bit immature but I just don't get the whole white dress and celebration deal. Oh, and we're going to learn a waltz (we already know how to waltz but just basic steps) and maybe some kind of rock and roll routine for our 'first dance'.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I know that I want my wedding to be small. Portugese weddings tend to be these fucking big affairs where everyone who has ever shared the same air as you is now an obligatory invite and you don't even know 9/10 of the people there. That is just... not what I want. I just want my close family and my friends there. I don't really think that you need anybody else.

As for themes, I haven't thought of it but I'd want to wait for my partner's input. I definitely must get married in a princess dress. I really love the Blush by Jim Jhelm line that Kleinfeld's has. The strapless Ball Gown in Tulle is awesome and just something I think I could have a lot of fun in.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
I think I want my wedding to be family only, because otherwise, I couldn't afford it. I have 24 aunts and uncles and all my cousins amass to over 100+ people. This isn't counting the second and third cousins, great aunts and uncles, and all the other people I'm related to. Weddings are huge affair and people get insulted if you leave them out.

My wedding is going to be awesome you guise! And since you're technically my fam, you can come too! This is what happens when you're bored on HoM and have no posting muse

the dress

I want a big poofy wedding dress so that it will do that cool swirl thing when you spin. Plus, I'm a princess. Obviously.

the groom

Michael B. Jordan is sexy. I celebrate that.

the cake

Obviously, every layer is going to be an awesome flavor. That's why it has layers right?!

the bridesmaids

Because they deserve to be pretty too.

the rings

Fucking diamonds you guys. I want 'em!

the bouquet

I had to spellcheck the word "bouquet" people. But this one is pretty. I don't know, it's flowers. Who cares?

the venue

I don't like too much fuss and do da when it comes to wedding stuff. People get off on the details, but I just want a relaxed vibe where people can drink and dance.

and beyonce will sing...

best….wedding…ever

This wedding will probably change on whomever my groom is. I mean, this week I'm obsessed with Michael but Hunter Parrish is looking hot again. I think I made a new game.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
Brianna Randall
he's clueing for looks...
Award Winner / Donor
Lindsey Stan
Sassenach
10,716 posts
I should really be going to bed because it's cold...but then I suddenly decided to post in here.

I'd love to get married in a National Trust house, I've no idea whether the National Trust would actually let someone get married in one of their houses, but still. I love all the old houses and I think it would be so romantic to get married in one with so much history around you. Or maybe in the grounds.

My dress, I don't like the huge puffy dresses with the big sleeves, I quite like the sleeveless and strapless ones, though I don't like my arms so I'd have a cute little jack, I'd quite like a white one, but with a little bit of red in the bodice, maybe little red flowers here and there and then the rest of it in white, but I wouldn't have a huge skirt or train.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 AM   #6
Lady Levine
Wha? I'm Jamazing.
Donor
Jenny
Montreal
512 posts
Chant can I come to your wedding? Everything looks awesome! Let me know when you find your groom.

Okay so I'm an old foogie and already married (5 years now). I did NOT want a small wedding. I wanted the Cinderella wedding. My wedding was small by Greek standards (350 guests) but super big by most other standards. While I thought I was going to be a major bridezella but I actually incorporated a lot of my husband in the wedding. I had humidor center pieces, I had a cigar buffet (we bought cigars and had them out during the sweet table and guests were welcome to take cigars), and I had the gorgeous bride's cake and had a groom's cake that looked like a Cohiba cigar box.

The one aspect I was very particular about was the flowers. I am so picky and hate the color red. Every florist I went to kept trying to get me to add red somewhere in the bouquets or center pieces and I was just dead set against it. I finally found a florist who worked very well with me. He made me laugh when I was going on about what I didn't like. He was like, "Can you tell me what you DO like. I think that list will be shorter!"

I had a princess ball gown with a full skirt and a sweetheart neck line, of course a tiara... I loved everything about my wedding....except my mother in law. HA HA HA!
New Thread  Reply