House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Get Motivated!

Old 12-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #11
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
I have dropped a tiny bit of weight in the past week, which doesn't make much of a difference at all, but at least it shows the scale is moving in the right direction, which is great. And I still haven't moved a muscle to work out, so it's literally just from staying away from the unhealthy treats as much as possible.

This weekend I've been worse though, because I needed to go grocery shopping but I was too lazy to leave the apartment (you know one of those weekends when you feel like you've been hanging out with people too much and you just want time alone to pet your cat and sit in front of your computer all day? Yeah, I had one of those weekends) so I don't currently have any healthy snack options in my apartment. I need to stop being lazy and go food shopping after work tomorrow because this is just not okay. It's difficult to be healthy when there are no healthy options!

I've also invited my friend out to lunch on Tuesday so that we can have a chat, because she's my usual gym buddy and we need to get back into it. I need to discuss my idea of switching gyms with her because I'm too nice and don't want to just leave her behind at the other gym since I know she'll never go to the gym alone (which I do once I get into it). So yeah, I need to get her on board with my idea of switching gyms and then get back into it. I need a great big kick up the butt to get going!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:08 PM   #12
Willa Frost
a heavy heart to carry
Award Winner / Donor
Sandra Jauregui-Gwyn
Bunny Burrow
25,487 posts
^ I wish I had a gym buddy! Why can't we all go together?

won't you exorcise my mind? i want to be free as i'll ever be
Old 12-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #13
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
That would be awesome! At one point, I had three different gym buddies so I could usually get at least one of them to go with me, and sometimes I went alone, too. There was a time where I went to the gym on my own like four days in a row just because I loved it. Not the actual being at the gym part perhaps, but the nice fatigue it gave me afterwards where I felt like I had deserved to lay on the couch for the rest of the evening, and the burn in my muscles the next day. Sigh. Is it sad that I miss sore muscles? XD
Old 12-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #14
Good Grief
your voice is a weapon
Award Winner / Donor
Vicki Lotz
middle-earth
3,918 posts
I have such a hard time explaining to people why sore muscles feels amazing, and that's totally it right there Even when I'm grumpy and complaining about going to the gym, I love the way I feel afterwards. The pleasant burn in your muscles after you exhausted them and I'm very... chill and calm for the rest of the day. It makes me feel accomplished no matter what happened that day when I have a good work out I'm learning how much I've missed that feeling now that I'm regularly going again. I'm def nowhere near where I used to be, but I'll get there!

if you're gonna hit me, hit me harder

cause you better knock me out the first time
Old 12-18-2016, 10:37 PM   #15
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Gah, I'm so jealous. I want to feel like that too! And I know, I know, that's easily taken care of. XD I just really need to get myself a gym card somewhere. And buy myself some good shoes for walking on ice, to be honest. There's no way to do a power walk here without Icebugs unless you want to fall and break a bone or several.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:21 PM   #16
Talking Body
Banned
Alex
ATL
20,093 posts
I'd recommend the Sworkit App if you're just looking to begin with being consistent in being active. You can pick and choose what style of workout (cardio, yoga, strength), a specific body part to focus on and even how long you want the workout to be. The best part about it I think it that it's all bodyweight, so you can do it anywhere which is great for people that don't have a gym/weights/time/ect.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #17
Mission Unstable
#bitofaday
Award Winner / Donor
Sarah
Velaris
11,366 posts
Talking of swapping out unhealthy foods, what are some of your favourite healthy snacks? It's always something I've struggled with coming up with!

meantime, let wonder seem familiar
Old 12-18-2016, 11:41 PM   #18
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
I love apple slices with a tiny bit of peanut butter on them. Or rice cakes with a thin layer of peanut butter and sliced banana on the top. Sounds like I really love peanut butter. XD
Old 12-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #19
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Excuse the double post, but lunch with friends to suggest switching gyms was a success! \O/ One friend is already at the gym I'm switching to, and she was so excited. Haha. The other friend also agreed to the solution I presented to her, so I'll be going to two different gyms (one is a smaller gym with less equipment that belongs to the same chain so for a small fee I can have access to both) so that I can go to the gym with both of my friends, plus be able to go alone to the gym that is literally 100 meters from my apartment. XD Wooo!

Going to fix my new gym card tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #20
Good Grief
your voice is a weapon
Award Winner / Donor
Vicki Lotz
middle-earth
3,918 posts
Carrots and hummus is one of my go to snacks! I also like nuts. They're high in fat, but a good protein source for a snack too. I try to eat those instead of chips or crackers for snacks. Popcorn is actually healthier than other snacks too, I like that.

YAAAAY that's great news Sandra! Having someone to go with makes accountability so much easier and it'll motivate you. I've been bad about going this week I have a ton of things on my plate with holidays, but I'm determined to go once or twice.

if you're gonna hit me, hit me harder

cause you better knock me out the first time
New Thread  Reply