House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → Eff My Life

Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
eff my life

Sometimes, stuff happens and you just habe to say, "Eff it."

I want to explain how fucking exhausting last night was. We all know Chant got a second job to pay dem billz right? Right.

Well, I'm a night manager at a local extended stay hotel. Mos tof the people I get are business professionals and like parents visiting their kid in college. Easy peesy stuff. Not tonight.

Tonight, KSU decided it was going to hold the fucking magnetic musical festival right across the street... which wouldn't have been too bad if they didn't only have kid cudi and bunch of questionably talented everyone else.

The fun part, is when my hotel is swarmed by people leaving the venue wanting rooms but I don't have any because the smart people got their rooms in advance. Or when they puked on guest's cars. Or when they trashed my hotel.

So... hours later and I have just restored the damage. The only fun part about tonight was watching this girl's neon tutu catch on fire, watching Kid Cudi leave the venue cussing (because I guess they cut his set short even though he got on late and he was calling all of Kennesaw a bunch of assholes while crossing the street and his big ass black SUV was mobbed by kids in my parking lot before he got in. It was awesome), and then that red headed chick from Buckwild was running around in her underwear and got an attitude when I told her to put some pants on.

I don't even work in Atlanta. This is supposed to be the suburbs. Fuck.

At least I'm off tomorrow. Nothing but working out, cooking, sleeping, and posting. Hell yeah.

FML.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
That sounds like a nightmare. :| Treasure your day off!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
Living Dead Girl
closed world, open wounds
Donor
LM
Suicide Room
1,631 posts
I just need a place to vent and this kind of seems like it so I'd just like to explain to you why my job completely sucks. I love it at times and am thankful for a job but there are so many things that absolutely drive me insane and since saying anything at work is getting me no where, I need to get it off my brain.

We have an older employee, who probably appears older from years of smoking and drinking, who has worked there since probably close to when the store opened back in 2001. Back when I first started working with him, he was awesome. A genius who you could go to if you wanted to learn about just about anything. He knew it all. Basically, he could have gone on Jeopardy and kicked ass. Not any more...

Now, he has a variety of health problems and sounds like he's dying every time he passes you pretty much. He comes to work drunk every day and continues to drink at work. The smell and the attitude issues are all the proof we need. He made a sweet old lady cry because he stood there and ranted about how idiotic the person who assembled that chair must be. She assembled the chair. He got in an argument with a customer one day and when the dude left, he followed him into the parking lot continuing to call him and asshole among many other horrible things. He answers his phone in the middle of helping customers. He grumbles at you most days and when he does speak, half the time it doesn't make sense. The other half is spent wasting airtime on the radio talking about absolutely nothing. He constantly ignores his department and comments on others. Telling them what they should be doing but never offering to help. Did I mention that he can leave early whenever he feels "ill" or too tired? Oh and he's probably had three FINAL WARNINGS by this point.

I'm aware that none of you know him or any of my other employees, nor the way our store works but if you've ever worked retail however, I can tell you some stories - about customers and employees - that might even shock you. I'm starting to realize why I'm so crazy and drained at the end of every work day.

F... M... L...

사랑이 사랑만으로 완벽하길

내 모든 약점들은 다 숨겨지길
Old 04-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Writebrained
i started all the wars
Award Winner / Donor
Nai
ImagiNAItion
3,646 posts
Sounds like that guy needs to talk to someone... either way he shouldn't be taking it out on anyone =/ *hug*

you're mistaking all my mistakes for my crooked nature
Old 04-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Living Dead Girl
closed world, open wounds
Donor
LM
Suicide Room
1,631 posts
Yes he does. Unfortunately he won't and there is no sense in any of us trying. We used to. It didn't work. At this point, you basically have to tiptoe lightly around him unless you want him to blow up on you. For example -the literally just happened less than twenty minutes ago btw - I was running around the store doing a special order for a customer. I walk past him and he proceeds to ask if I know that I have a chair and ottomon set in the back. i told him yes and kept walking because, I mean, it is my department. I try my best to know everything I have. Within reason of course because we do have a HUGE warehouse but this chair is currently on ad do it's one ofthose things I should know.

Well, I have a tendency to mumble - everyone calls it the Lockridge accent but I call it Lynnish - and I thought I had said the next part quiet enough but I guess not. "Do you know what's in your back stock?" Then I was grabbing something I needed by a cashier and was venting a little bit about how he needs to worry about his section. Just a quick little bitch session and nothing even really mean. Just facts. On my way back to the phone he stops me to say, "How dare you talk to me like that. Don't ever fucking talk to me again. I'll show you mean little girl." I'm was so taken aback by the confrontation that those probably weren't his exact words but pretty damn close. I gave him no response and walked back to the phone.

I told the manager that makes the schedule that I need to work as many shifts opposing him as possible and when he and another cashier started me almost tear up as I told him that I simply couldn't deal with it anymore, they asked what was up. After explaining it to them I walked away and our general manager walked in. The cashier told him what happened and he's talked to my co-worker. The GM then talked to me and told me that no, I dont have to put up with that and to come to him if it ever happens again. I hate that it's come to this because I try to at least be civil with everyone, but I imagine things would have only gotten worse if I had just let it slide again.

사랑이 사랑만으로 완벽하길

내 모든 약점들은 다 숨겨지길
Old 04-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Writebrained
i started all the wars
Award Winner / Donor
Nai
ImagiNAItion
3,646 posts
Woooah! Man. He needs a power check. Sounds like because one part of his life is out of control that he is overcompensating in the other area and thusly affecting everyone else =/.

you're mistaking all my mistakes for my crooked nature
Old 05-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Ugh.

A friend of mine got into the MA program at my school as well. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my Pamela dearly and she is a great girl but she is just so... unaware sometimes. I had a seminar with her in the fall and she sat on her chair like she was a five year old and literally rocked back and forth sometimes. And she always interjects in the teacher's lecture and it's just really annoying. She also doesn't believe in things like raising your hand to talk and stuff she just jumps in. And all of this is like willy nilly to her. She either doesn't know or doesn't care. Either way, she is a nuisance to have in a classroom setting. You know, we're all paying a lot of money to learn, the least you can do is be respectful of the collaborative environment. You're not five years old you don't need to blurt out every little comment that comes to mind and you definitely don't need to interrupt your professor because you feel compelled to say something. Wait and put up your hand or you know, keep the comments for the end like everyone else.

It's just super annoying to know that I have to deal with her in a classroom setting for at least two more years.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 06-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
Black Magnolia
pretty, shiny things
Donor
Ashbash
Middle of Nowhere
414 posts
I have a feeling this thread will be my best friend... Lets start out with a work gripe...

I do home health care for a company that provides assisted living to clients with MR, mental retardation in layman's terms. I absolutely LOVE my job. I have never had a job where I laugh, giggle, and actually look forward to coming to work every day. I put it simply, I have all the responsibilities of a Certified Nursing Assistant without the certificate. I'm CPR and First Aide certified, I pass meds, change briefs or adult diapers, shower and toilet clients, clean, cook, and a do a mountain of paperwork everyday. The joy comes from how amazing it is to see my clients conquer everyday life with humor and determination. Imagine being imprisoned in a body that doesn't function properly. These girls seem to live everyday independently with so much innocence, optimism, and strength under the hardest circumstances with the odds stack against them. It's very inspiring and amazing. The kicker is... The job is very high stress and if you don't do your paperwork correctly, management and the state rips you a new one! My gripe starts with weekend staff and their ability to fuck things up so badly, the entire house uffers. Because they, I don't know if this was on purpous or by accident, decided to pull a very important med card from the tray and push it to the back of the cabinet, all of our jobs are on the line. They better count their lucky stars that I fixed it. Hopefully no one gets in trouble.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
The Reckoning
I am The Reckoning
Donor
Evie
England
173 posts
I know how frustrating it is when kardex's aren't kept up to date, it drove me bonkers at work! We had so many different forms to fill in when we admitted patients like TPR charts (with EWS on the back), waterlow, moving and handling, allergies, prescription charts(allergies too), fluid balance charts and whatever else was needed. I once got an elderly lady from A&E with a unit of blood almost empty with the only paperwork saying A for the name and one blood pressure measurement taken. I went nuts and filled out an IR1 form because that lady could have died. Most people are lazy and just fill in certain things which messes it up for when you come on shift, the amount of time I've had to sort kardex's out is immense, sometimes no one would ring down for x-rays or CT scans to be booked.

I find it interesting that you pass meds, in Britain the one who hands the meds over is ultimately the one who finds themselves in trouble if the meds are wrong. If a doctor prescribes something a patient is allergic to and you give it you are the one in the wrong. It leaves nurses and student nurses in a vulnerable position, ultimately a nurse with a student is the one to take the blame but the student will get a note in their file and a heavy slap on the wrist. I never took meds off anyone to watch my back, I did see a nurse inject the wrong patient then give the meds to the wrong guy she mixed them both up, if I'd taken them off her I'd have been struck off. It's pretty harsh here.

I really admire people who go into caring, I couldn't do anything else. I know what you mean when you say it is the best job and you laugh and have a good time, yes there are the bad days but it is awesome work. I think it's a calling, some people go into it and just can't do it, I don't blame them because it is hard work.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I admire anyone who goes into caring, especially when dealing with anything other than a 'normal' mind. I have to deal with one exceptionally autistic boy at school and I just want to scream and run out of the door every time I'm halfway through attempting to teach him.
New Thread  Reply