House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Welcome to the Carnival We're All Mad Here! → *Insert witty title*

Old 12-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Cyndrome
Carnie
Cynthia
The Netherlands
7 posts
Hey all,

The last time I've RP'ed must be at least 10 years go. People from back then, might remember me. My name is Cynthia, I'm from the Netherlands. I'm 34 years old and I'm currently working parttime as a radiographer and I'm studying Psychology at an Open University.
I like to write, I'm a master in starting WIPs and never finishing them. I like to write in English, probably because I used to RP in English and my favorite authors write in English (seriously, Dutch translations suck). My main genre is romance, mixed with either supernatural, sci-fi, urban fantasy, or high-fantasy.
I am not picky in AU's, I've RP'ed in the X-men universe and Harry Potter. Back in the day, I also RP'ed in a Charmed AU.
Anyway...
Hi
Old 12-31-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Hey I think I remember you, Cynthia! Welcome back to HoM

I'm Tom, an admin, so if you have any questions feel free to ask away

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 12-31-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Do I know you?? You feel familiar! I feel like I must know you... were you on Charmed: The Prophecy, or X-Evolution, etc?

Anyway. Hi, I'm Phoebe I'm one of the admin! It's great to have you here I'd love to get to RP with you!
Old 12-31-2018, 07:57 PM   #4
Cyndrome
Carnie
Cynthia
The Netherlands
7 posts
If you are "the" Tom, I think I remember you also ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I'll slowly re-acquaintance myself with RP and what's what and so on... Maybe dig up my photoshop program from whatever archive it's in.

If anyone could advise me on which RP I should try first, I would be grateful!

Edit answering Phoebe:
Phoebe, you might remember me from X-Evolution, that name sounds familiar. I think I played a character inspired by Jean, probably someone with Empathy as power... No idea. It was too long ago.

Last edited by Cyndrome; 12-31-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: To answer Phoebe
Old 12-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
Hi! I'm pretty sure I've seen you on another board in the past I just don't remember which one... anyway, I'm Carly one of the admins here and I'm glad you found us

If you need help with anything feel free to ask!

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 12-31-2018, 08:00 PM   #6
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
If anyone could advise me on which RP I should try first, I would be grateful!
What kind of game do you like the most? Fantasy or real world?

You mentioned Harry Potter - we have a Harry Potter game. And related to X-Men (kinda), we have Locke Town, which is a game based loosely on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Midnight Sun is a general paranormal/supernatural game.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:06 PM   #7
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,397 posts
Hi Cynthia! I've been around the RP block for years, but the only Cynthia I ever knew went by Cyn and was already in her 40s about 10 years ago, so, definitely not you. I'm Shadow! Nice to meet you. I hope to see you around!

My current obsession on the board is Seoul, which is funny because I think everyone here knows me as someone who avoids RL games in favor of AU/fantasy/scifi ones. If you're more of an AU person, my favorites are Second Life and Midnight Sun!

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #8
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
Edit answering Phoebe:
Phoebe, you might remember me from X-Evolution, that name sounds familiar. I think I played a character inspired by Jean, probably someone with Empathy as power... No idea. It was too long ago.
Just seen this! I don't remember ANY of my characters from X-Evolution But me, Mags and Lee built/ran the board so that's probably where I know you from.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #9
Cyndrome
Carnie
Cynthia
The Netherlands
7 posts
Carly and Tom... Aren't you two friends of Rixie? I "know" you two, from stories from Rixie and from back in the day. Rixie and I have been friends since childhood. After a long "break" in our friendship, we recently connected again. Also reason to ask Rixie were she RP'ed and if she would mind if I join also.

So if you're friends with Rixie 10 years ago, then you'd probably know me too.

I think I'm going to read the intros of the different RP's and pick one that speaks to me. I like the fantasy world best. I like Harry Potter and I actually know some stuff about it, haha. My knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is spotty at best. Midnight Sun sounds intriguing also.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:14 PM   #10
illium
heavy metal & reflective
Donor
elly
spira
633 posts
Hi Cynthia! I'm Elly, welcome back to HoM! I love anything fantasy/sci-fi related so I tend to gravitate towards those types of games as well and like Shadow, I'm also hooked on Seoul Hope to see you around in some of the games

New Thread  Reply