House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → Old Boards

Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
Good Grief
your voice is a weapon
Award Winner / Donor
Vicki Lotz
middle-earth
3,918 posts
So I know that the majority of us have been around the vB forum world a while and we've known each other from lots of other boards in the past. What ones have you been a part of? What was the first forum you joined? Interested to see how many of us overlap without even realizing

I think the first board I joined and was really active on was probably Charmed: the Prophecy. That was where I first started RP'ing... where I learned how to RP honestly LOL I was in the fgb and made it all the way to level 5. When the WWD moved over to Midnight-Shadows I hung around for a little bit but wasn't that active

From C:tp I made my way over to Charmed-Boards where I met A LOT of people. And that's where I spent most of my time for years before it died down. Then I made my circuit through all of Jax's boards... I was also on Cryptic Realm, for those who remember! And for several years I was on the hp board Toujours-Pur too until it died out as well, not sure who was around there. It's crazy to think of 9 years of being around forums, wow!

if you're gonna hit me, hit me harder

cause you better knock me out the first time
Old 07-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
I've been around RP boards for a really long time now. I started off on Elemental Boards (I remember being a Pyromaniac) and then when that closed I kind of drifted around a lot of shitty make shift boards, following the members who'd been part of EB. Then I stumbled across the WWD. I think it was on C;tp at the time and I became completely addicted.

I was part of the WWD for ten years. I worked my way up to being guide - without skipping any levels! - and I think I was a guide for a year or two before I quit. I loved the WWD and it's where I made most of my online friends but I had to leave. I couldn't stand the management on MS and I couldn't watch a game I love die a slow and painful death.

At some point during the time I was on MS Tom introduced me to PE and that was where my character list started to get out of control. I was around for the opening of LCDM and just wanted to make ALL OF THE CHARACTERS. When PE closed I briefly joined the bunch of boards that sprung up after and I was staff on Creative Spark for a while.

I joined HoM as staff before the board opened and I've been here ever since. This is now the only place I RP and I love it

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
Brianna Randall
he's clueing for looks...
Award Winner / Donor
Lindsey Stan
Sassenach
10,716 posts
I've been on both the Charmed boards, but was more active on charmed-boards. I've also been on Forever Dawn and was also a mod there for a little while up until it closed, I've also been a mod and member at Tonjours Pur (is that right) one of the Harry Potter boards, I might have been over at Elemental boards as well not sure. Um the Supernatural board as well, The OC, Veronica Mars, Ghost Whisperer, Phantom of the Opera, Hollywood Scene boards and I was a mod there as well for a little while. And there's probably a few more as well. And of course PE as well along with Carly and some of the others on here. There's definitely a few more that I've not mentioned. I can't remember how long exactly it's been since I've been on board, but has to at least be 10 years if not more.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I started roleplaying about 15 years ago (maybe 16?) before C:tP. I can't remember what the board was called. I joined the FGB when it was still fairly young and was a guide there for a while. We changed a lot of stuff in the FGB while we were there until I decided that I'd had enough of letting Aodhan and the ADA staff bully and verbally abuse me and another guide on a daily basis, so we quit and got banned rotfl, but that's another story. I still have hard feelings to everyone involved in that, tbh, which is why I never roleplayed on MS.

I created a couple of boards, some of which I can barely remember now... Elemental Boards, Unmasqued, X-Evolution. Roleplayed on Perfect Ending and then now on here! And now I'm obsessed and have a problem.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #5
Twilight Reverie
abyss of time
Award Winner / Main Act
amy hemsworth
the sunshine state
13,602 posts
C:tP was my first ever rp board, and I'm still modding over at WWD (what's left of it). I was also on PE, and Forever Dawn.

We are rooted deep in the darkness
And keep growing towards the light
Old 07-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #6
Brianna Randall
he's clueing for looks...
Award Winner / Donor
Lindsey Stan
Sassenach
10,716 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Quinn View Post
I started roleplaying about 15 years ago (maybe 16?) before C:tP. I can't remember what the board was called. I joined the FGB when it was still fairly young and was a guide there for a while. We changed a lot of stuff in the FGB while we were there until I decided that I'd had enough of letting Aodhan and the ADA staff bully and verbally abuse me and another guide on a daily basis, so we quit and got banned rotfl, but that's another story. I still have hard feelings to everyone involved in that, tbh, which is why I never roleplayed on MS.

I created a couple of boards, some of which I can barely remember now... Elemental Boards, Unmasqued, X-Evolution. Roleplayed on Perfect Ending and then now on here! And now I'm obsessed and have a problem.
Ooh the X-Men board, I was also a member over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Peace View Post
C:tP was my first ever rp board, and I'm still modding over at WWD (what's left of it). I was also on PE, and Forever Dawn.
I was just going to say, I remember you over there, and correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you a mod as well?

Old 07-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Twilight Reverie
abyss of time
Award Winner / Main Act
amy hemsworth
the sunshine state
13,602 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Dawson View Post
I was just going to say, I remember you over there, and correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you a mod as well?
Yep I was!

We are rooted deep in the darkness
And keep growing towards the light
Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 AM   #8
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,397 posts
Oh dear, my board origins are long and embarrassing. XDDD

I started going on boards when I was like... 11 or so?... and the adults in my life had me convinced that it was dangerous for me to give out my real name and age online. Anywhere. So I joined some Harry Potter boards and some Lord of the Rings boards and made up this whole fake identity. XD I think the first one was called The Council of Elrond, and then Hogwarts Castle, etc. A friend and I decided to make up joint fake identities to go on these sites. We pretended to be sisters named Riana and Karigan... Oh my god, thinking about it makes me so embarrassed for my younger self. XD

I stood by that story/identity through those early fandom boards, until I eventually discovered battle RPGs on this site called Mystery Boards. I got obseeeeeessed with them after that. So did "Kari," for a while. I don't remember most of the ones I joined, though I do remember many of my characters. Our favorite site for a couple of years was Butterfly Black, where I eventually became a staff member/game mod (I couldn't have been more than 13...ohmygodreally, I was THAT young?) for a while before it closed. One of the board admins, Heazy, invited me over to her new board (I'm forgetting the name right now) as a staff member, and I stuck around there until that board closed from lack of activity.

At some point, "Kari" and I found our way to this board called Reign of the Zodiac. The only person on here who I know was on there is Justin. I was still pretending to be "Riana" at the time. >.> Funny story: I played a male character on RotZ for the first time because "Kari" told me she didn't think I could pull it off. So I made one just to prove her wrong. And I've been mostly playing male characters ever since. To be honest, I'm still crazy attached to my characters and plots there, and I miss it a lot. I also was a game mod there for a little while.

RotZ became my main board for a couple years, until I found my way to The Phantom's Opera in... early 2005, I think? May have been late 2004. TPO was the first board where I dropped the fake identity and started just being me, just not with my real name. I never liked my real name anyway. So TPO was the first place where anyone would have known me as Shadow (and I became a mod there as well! XD). I met a lot of people on there, some of whom I still count among my closest friends. I found my way to Perfect Ending and Midnight Shadows from TPO. Most people on here I'm sure know me mainly from those two boards. I was really only in Eternal Conflict on MS, though. I was also on Project Boredom, Creative Spark, Hollywood Scene Boards, etc, when they were all around. Like Phoebe, I joined a bunch of the boards that sprung up when PE closed, but HoM is the only board I'm active on anymore. And it's more than enough to keep me busy and happy!

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:04 AM   #9
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Oh, this is such an interesting question!

I started RPing for the first time on a Yahoo HP group that my friend was a mod on. Then I progressed to Invisionfree, actually, unlike most people here. I ran Grand Hogwarts with one of my first online besties for a while. Then when I was looking for more HP boards to RP on and I found HC, which is where I first met the people that I have been friends with for almost a decade now - that's where I met Tom and Alex. I had no idea about RPing at all. Like I jumped into a scene that some people had planned with no idea that that wasn't okay cause that wasn't how the IF kids did it and I largely credit Chant's generosity to me being a somewhat decent RPer. Chant introduced me to PE, which is where things took off for me, I guess. I met Anna through Addison's Anatomy, I think it was called, and then along with Angel and Nay we founded Project Boredom. I was later made staff on PE and I helped form this place and here we are!

I've also been on creative Spark (where I was staff as well), Hollywood Scene Boards, etc. But HoM is all that I need.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 07-02-2015, 05:43 AM   #10
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
I started on The N which was the channel that Degrassi was on before it became TeenNick. The message boards were totally different but it was a good start for me. I think after that I found Toujours Pur and then went onto Hollywood Scene and made my way onto Perfect Ending, Creative Spark and Great Hall. I was on The Afterglow but never posted till more recently and I was also on Forever Dawn. And now I am her on HoM cause PE was my home and even though it went down, I couldn't move on.

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
New Thread  Reply