House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → The Away Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #11
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
the away thread

Away Date: Now
Return Date: November 1st
Reason: Going to Vegas with Tom and then we're moving house so we're going to be busy busy busy.
To people in scenes with me: If you want to drop any scenes just let me know

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 11-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #12
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverly Earp View Post
the away thread

Return Date: November 1st
Reason: Going to Vegas with Tom and then we're moving house so we're going to be busy busy busy.
To people in scenes with me: If you want to drop any scenes just let me know
Extending this to the 11th December. We’re in the process of moving at the moment and it stressing me out, plus I’m starting a new role at work which is keeping me busy and we have Christmas and a weekend in London coming up. I’ll be around but not as much. If I owe you a post check my steamer to see if it’s on my TDL, if it is then I’ll get to it you might just have to wait a little while

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 11-15-2017, 08:42 PM   #13
Twilight Reverie
abyss of time
Award Winner / Main Act
amy hemsworth
the sunshine state
13,601 posts
it's all in my head

Away Date: The last couple of weeks tbh
Return Date: Unknown
Reason: I've been posting, but not as frequently. Not only has work been crazy, but I've been getting these headaches all the time that have made it really difficult to focus on board stuff at home. It's been hard enough to make it through work. I'm still here, just a little quieter.

We are rooted deep in the darkness
And keep growing towards the light
Old 11-27-2017, 03:42 AM   #14
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,399 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Oddity View Post
moving forward

Return Date: Sometime in December
Reason: I mean, when was I last not on away? Sigh. Anyway, it's time for me to crack down on moving preparations, which includes spending time with people before I leave. I'll still be around, probably no less than I've been for the past several months, but I just wanted to make an official post. I'll be living in Florida by the end of the first week of December, but then I already have a handful of things planned for once I get there, and will of course be job hunting like a fiend.
To people in scenes with me: Bear with me? I miraculously only owe a few posts from before September, and I'll try to at least get to those ASAP. If anyone needs specific posts from me for checks, shoot me a PM or tweet or whatever works best for you.
Down to the wire with this, so just bringing it up again. Moving in a week and a half and I've basically had to schedule in time to eat. I've been way more active the past couple of months than I expected to be, but that is definitely ending now. You'll probably see me in the OOC threads and such, but as for posting: I've been doing mostly instas lately because of Sandra and a little Phoebe certain parties, and I might try to squeeze in more instas just to force myself to take a break from packing preparations, but I can't make any promises at this point.

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:55 AM   #15
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,399 posts
The Most Magical Place on Earth

Away Date: December 14
Return Date: December 18
Reason: Star Wars/theme park weekend with a bunch of friends! I don't think I'm bringing my laptop to this one; the phone iPad will do just fine for tech needs when I'm at a nerd gathering.
To people in scenes with me: I'll be back before you know it! And if you do need to reach me, most of you have me on WhatsApp or Twitter by now, so you already know where to find me!

Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 AM   #16
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
is the end ever gonna be near?

Away Date: September, but pretty much the beginning of the year
Return Date: Unknown
Reason: I bet you're thinking "again?" and I'm gonna answer back, "you mean still?" I know I do this a lot but every time I think things are looking up, they go to crap again. My activity is getting less and less and it's all really upsetting cause I tried to make an effort that didn't work out. 2017 sucked and I have fingers crossed that 2018 brings some sort of relief. I'm here, just not as much as I would love to be. The usual, right?

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 12-24-2017, 06:50 AM   #17
Twilight Reverie
abyss of time
Award Winner / Main Act
amy hemsworth
the sunshine state
13,601 posts
Thank you for calling Walt Disney World

Return Date: Hoping February?
Reason: So, starting after Christmas, we're in our peak time for booking. Apparently, 60% of our reservations for the year are booked in the first three months. They haven't started telling us we'll need to take on overtime in Feb or March, so I'm hoping we won't need to add hours then, but yeah, I'll be working at least 50-55 hours every week in January. For the most part, I'll still have my days off, but my time on in the work week will be limited. I'm currently completely caught up as far as I'm aware, but posts will be slower.

We are rooted deep in the darkness
And keep growing towards the light
Old 01-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #18
Steve Rogers
click, boom
Award Winner / Donor
Anna
N/A
23,786 posts
i should have done this a while ago

Away Date: A while ago
Return Date: End of Jan-ish
Reason: It's been a little nuts since the beginning of December and now with this new job, it's not really going to get that much better. I work 11 hour days and I'm not sure when I'll be around, but I hope that the weekends can be about posting! Plus, for the next week or so, my laptop is still in the shop and just for this weekend, I've brought my work laptop with me.
To people in scenes with me: Since I do have computer access this weekend, I'll try and get some posting done. I have already spoken to those who I have most posts/scenes with, so they are aware that I'm a little unsure at this point. But I'll be back soon, fret not!

all because of you, i believe in angels
not the kind with wings. no, not the kind with halos
the kind that bring you home, when home becomes a strange place
Old 01-14-2018, 03:38 AM   #19
s(AINT)
Grab your gear
Award Winner / Donor
Samantha
Hemlock Grove
3,258 posts
Death is but the beginning

Away Date: today
Return Date: unknown
Reason: there has been a death in the family, someone very close to me.
To people in scenes with me: please be patient as I am grieving. I will post as I can.

Gibbs Rule 12: Never date a co-worker
Old 01-25-2018, 04:05 AM   #20
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,399 posts
busy busy busy

Away Date: January 25
Return Date: February 6
Reason: Off to Orlando tomorrow for an extended theme park weekend/A Celebration of Harry Potter, then 2 job interviews early next week followed by a trip back to NJ for Wicked Faire, medical things, and a brief Shera reunion. <3 Not bringing my laptop for this weekend, and have yet to decide if it's coming with me to NJ or not.
To people in scenes with me: I'll be back before you know it! And if you do need to reach me, I think most of you already know where to find me!

New Thread  Reply