House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Welcome to the Carnival We're All Mad Here! → Oh, hello.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Drake
I'm a cliché in a song
Carnie
Dylan
Missouri
63 posts
Hi, I'm Dylan.

At least a few of you may know me from CS if you were ever over there as I played there briefly and used the same handle. I got linked to this site months ago by Lee (I think?) and I joined but I never posted or even looked around. I've been getting the itch to write again as the current LJ Project I RP in is on hiatus, and it's been a goal for me to branch out and start rping more and meeting new people.

A few things about me, I'm twenty-three. I'm a huge history buff/nerd. Seriously. If you have any historical questions about pretty much anything, ask me. You know those people who can write out huge equations in math and solve them? I'm kinda like that with history, except with people, facts and dates. European History is my favorite. I'm finally starting college this fall (I made the mistake of not going right away after I graduated HS, but looking back, I don't think I was mature or ready for it anyways) to get my Associate of the Arts, with, you guessed it, a focus on history.

From there I'll probably go to a proper four year school. I'm also really interested in medicine. Not just the kind that make you feel good (I'm a huge fan of those, but I disgress) but just medicine in general and how it works. I just find that really fascinating. It's the only thing about science I find remotely interesting.

I'm gay. Out and proud. Happily taken, too, by my boyfriend Patrick. We've been together four months. But I've known him for at least a year and a half. He's definitely my better half. We do the long distance thing so that kinda sucks, butI'm actually going to see him next month 'cause a bunch of us planned a couples vacation in Savannah. Excited beyond belief for that!

Aaaand that's about it! I look forward to meet all of you and hopefully RPing with ya'll too. I'll have to have a look around but I've already got some charrie ideas brewing. Loving the game settings a ton.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Steve Rogers
click, boom
Award Winner / Donor
Anna
N/A
23,786 posts
DYLAN. THE PUCK TO MY FINN.

It has been a while!

all because of you, i believe in angels
not the kind with wings. no, not the kind with halos
the kind that bring you home, when home becomes a strange place
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Heart Out
it's just you & I tonight
Carnie
Rochelle
Akielos
2,219 posts
Hi Dylan! Welcome to HoM I'm Rochelle, and I was on CS briefly, but I didn't spend too much time there, so I likely wouldn't remember you even if you were a regular haha.

I'm also quite a history buff, but mostly it's a hobby and I'm much more interested in German history than anything else myself. I could listen to/read about WWII and/or Soviet occupation for hours and never get bored

If you ever want to plot, feel free to shoot me a PM or something

Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
Dylan!! I'm happy to see that you finally made your way over here

I'm Carly, I don't know if you remember me from CS or not but I'm one of the staff members here so if you need any help with anything feel free to PM me or head here if you have questions that any staff member could help you with.

Hope that you enjoy your time here and I hope to see you posting in some of the games soon

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 04-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
Welcome Dylan!

I hope you've made this place your home so you can have fun, be loud, get messy, and write everything to your heart's content!

Since you're new around these parts, let me show you around so you can get started!
  • Any and all new information is posted in our awesome news portal. You'll usually see it once you log-in. Everything you really ever wanted to know about HoM is on that page.
  • If you ever need any help, post a thread in the Help Forum and we'll answer you as soon as we can. If for any reason you would rather ask your question privately, feel free to PM us or the Staff Account! I love getting PMs! Makes me feel happy!
  • We have nifty sidebars that provide you with quick links around the board as well a chatbox so you can yak it up with your friends! Check out the spotlite for quick news and our awards section for those awesome members who just shine this month!
  • We offer a variety of RPG Games! Most of our games are fiction based in new worlds, but every so often we like to snap back to reality add games based on life here on Earth. You can check those out on the main forum.
  • We love to check out your creations! If you're gifted in writing or art, we encourage you to showcase your talents in our ent of Curiousities!
  • For all things random and fun, we have the OOC. Post whatever you want in there!

I'm not sure what else to tell you, but I will say I am happy to have you here! I hope to RP with you soon and gah! Big hugs! Welcome to the family!

xo chantikins

Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Theo Raeken
the stories not yet told
Award Winner / Donor
Tommy
England
9,068 posts
Hey Dylan, I remember you from CS, my username was Nate Archibald over there. Anyway, it's good to have you here and if you have any questions, doesn't hesitate to ask!

because there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know

if you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go
Old 04-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Yaaaaaaay! You're here! Now get your butt back in Sydney (or plot with me anywhere, you know Lindsey/Amanda needs to happen )!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Living Dead Girl
closed world, open wounds
Donor
LM
Suicide Room
1,631 posts
Welcome to the madness! Hi Dylan. I'm Lynn but I usually go by LM so feel free to use either. Hope to see you around more and perhaps even get a chance to plot with you at some point.

사랑이 사랑만으로 완벽하길

내 모든 약점들은 다 숨겨지길
Old 04-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Viking Heart
savage high
Donor
Lee
Manchester
1,322 posts
Woohoo! I liked you and you're here. WELCOME.

x-x-x-x-x sometimes i think i was born backwards x-x-x-x-x
Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
Brianna Randall
he's clueing for looks...
Award Winner / Donor
Lindsey Stan
Sassenach
10,716 posts
Sandra: You had me confused for a moment then, totally thought you were talking about me haha.

YAY DYLAN, I don't know if you remember me, I'm Lindsey, I was over at CS as well as PE, not sure if you were over there. And I think we were going to plot, anyway we should totally plot over here.

New Thread  Reply