House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → Old Boards

Old 07-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #11
Macarena
hoper of far-flung hopes
Award Winner / Carnie
Meg
The TARDIS
8,254 posts
These stories are so interesting :P I haven't been RPing nearly as long as most (all?) of you guys, so my story is not that interesting at all. I started RPing on Perfect Ending about... four years ago? Jeez. So it's only like just been four years. I lurked for a while and then when I felt I had the time and was looking for something interesting to fill it (plus the love of writing, duh) I was like 'why not?' I remember being really nervous because everyone seemed to already know each other and I didn't think I'd find people to plot with me. I think I had a couple false starts before I jumped into some other people's plots and started getting to know people from there. And soon it became an obsession of course :P And even though my availability has changed my love of RPing and the lovely people I've met on PE and here on HoM has not I joined a couple of the boards that sprung up when PE closed as well, and then found my way here. That's where I discovered I'm not good at keeping up with more than one board haha. And I'm happy here, so there you go
Old 07-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #12
Bradshaw
something just like this
Award Winner / Donor
Vicky
books of old
3,083 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Quinn View Post
I started roleplaying about 15 years ago (maybe 16?) before C:tP. I can't remember what the board was called. I joined the FGB when it was still fairly young and was a guide there for a while. We changed a lot of stuff in the FGB while we were there until I decided that I'd had enough of letting Aodhan and the ADA staff bully and verbally abuse me and another guide on a daily basis, so we quit and got banned rotfl, but that's another story. I still have hard feelings to everyone involved in that, tbh, which is why I never roleplayed on MS.

I created a couple of boards, some of which I can barely remember now... Elemental Boards, Unmasqued, X-Evolution. Roleplayed on Perfect Ending and then now on here! And now I'm obsessed and have a problem.
A long long time ago on a board called ctp me and another girl who'd end up being a guide decided that we wanted to switch guides because our guide wasn't doing her promos fast enough. That guide was called Phoebe!!!!!

So yeah started on ctp 11 years ago (I'm so old) until I got banned for calling the admin pathetic for banning Phoebe and Mags even though the person who did called me some interesting choice names. But by that point I was on unmasqued, some lost board that I forget the name of it and then Midnight Shadows.

MS gave me mixes feels to be honest. Rpd with some amazing people - Toms mind came up with characters that he allowed me to play to the point I had my best writing. But I also lost my best friend in Rachey and I lost contact with Phoebe and Mags so there's sadness to it too.

However I did meet my wife through the boards and it's almost 3 years so rock on

I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts, some superhero, some fairytale bliss

just something I can turn to somebody I can kiss
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #13
Kimberly Hart
bad things
Award Winner / Donor
--
N/A
5,088 posts
The first board I ever joined was Tree Hill High. That's where I met Amanda, Alex, Jess, Christina and eventually Lauren. On that board that's where I found my love for role playing. From then on Christina, Jess and I had a bunch of IF boards and we eventually created Castle Heights. Jess and I were also of Stars-Hollow.org and she talked the admins into creating a RP that we were left to moderate. When I was about seventeen Lauren and Kat created Perfect-Ending.com which I helped mod until the day it die. I was also apart of Forever Dawn, but for only a short amount of time. I prefer to stick with one board because I'll join some and never go back.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:05 AM   #14
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
I have joined sooooooo many boards. TONS. Even if I only signed in twice, I joined just cause curioisty. ^_^

My first EVER board was this Mark Wahlberg board LOL. I was in 6th grade and harboring a huge crush. Then I joined Charmed-Boards where I met Jax, Kat and Laur. That was the first time I ever roleplayed in a board forum. Again still in 6th grade. I was one of the youngest people back then. I would lie about my age and went by my current alias which is Angelique. My real name is Melissa/Melly but Angel/Angelique has been my name for all this time I never bother changing it. Let's see on C-B, I did lots of freeform rp with Jax and was apart of the battle rpg where I eventually became a mod of that game. Seems so long ago.

Afterward, I was asked by Kat/Laur to help create Perfect Ending. Basically we co-created it which is so odd to think of now because a lot of the games on that board were from the freeform rpgs we played on C-B. I also helped Jax with some boards, I was a mod at Cryptic Realm one of my favorite places to be on staff for real and I keep in touch with Rai on social media. I left PE because Kat/Laur were very disrespectful to me and my opinions about the board, there was a lot of passive aggression towards me (pre Erika and Tom joining the staff of course) so I left (with the support and blessing of Kim, gosh I miss her!) which was man like the most weight lifted off my shoulders experience ever. Modding there was no longer fun for me.

I dabbled in lots of other boards mostly focusing on Project Boredom which was fun and Cryptic Realm. I was also on Hollywood Scene. I learned to love rping again and I believe it was Shadow who convinced me to come back to PE. I came back and the whole place was kinda under new management which made me feel 100x more welcome cause Erika was on staff. It felt way better until it randomly closed and then here we are on HoM!

Let's see I was also on Building Dreams and Elemental boards, omg X-Evolution!!! I played Siren for a short amount of time there hahahaha. I did join Unmasqued but IDK if I ever did anything there. There was another board I was on with like a performing arts school or something. Totally blanking on the name. I was at Forever Dawn, Creative Spark, and I think Addison's Anatomy too because there was a hospital game which I joined for a bit.

Basically, am super glad to have a place like this and I think the staff here does a pretty awesome job taking care of the members. I feel if I have questions they are answered promptly and it's a warm atmosphere~ Even if I don't rp nearly as much as I did (maaaan I have been rping since I was 11/12!!) in the past I still like coming on here and find it cool that some people like Jax, Nay, etc. I have been friends with for yeeeears. Like Vicki I met way back on C-B! It's incredible.

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 PM   #15
s(AINT)
Grab your gear
Award Winner / Donor
Samantha
Hemlock Grove
3,258 posts
Quote:
At some point, "Kari" and I found our way to this board called Reign of the Zodiac. The only person on here who I know was on there is Justin. I was still pretending to be "Riana" at the time. >.> Funny story: I played a male character on RotZ for the first time because "Kari" told me she didn't think I could pull it off. So I made one just to prove her wrong. And I've been mostly playing male characters ever since. To be honest, I'm still crazy attached to my characters and plots there, and I miss it a lot. I also was a game mod there for a little while.
This is where I correct you Shadow! I was there as well!

I have a tendency to love to join any rp board I can find but I started on Charmed Boards which is where I met a lot of my friends who don't really do anymore. I was on Phantom of the opera, reign of the zodiac, forever dawn, PE, cryptic realm, toujours pur, sixteen minutes, the afterglow, and here.

I was on an x men board where I played a character I loved but I can't remember the name of it.

Gibbs Rule 12: Never date a co-worker
New Thread  Reply