House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Welcome to the Carnival We're All Mad Here! → Blessed Be the Fruit

Old 07-23-2018, 12:31 AM   #1
Serena Joy
Carnie
Jake
N/A
8 posts
Hi!

My name's Jake. I'm twenty-six, live in the US, and I work full-time as a newspaper reporter. I've been RPing for forever it seems - I think I started when I was seventeen, and I'm rapidly approaching twenty-seven. I've been out of the forum RPing game for a minute, but I ran into Tom through a mutual friend and he invited me here.

Right now my main obsession is The Handmaid's Tale - both book and television show. I really enjoy the social and political messages in the show, and I find them particularly pertinent after 2016's disastrous presidential election.

I also really enjoy chatting/plotting with people. If you'd like to message me on discord, just pm me. I'm looking forward to writing here, and I look forward to meeting you all!
Old 07-23-2018, 12:43 AM   #2
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Yay Jake welcome! Hopefully we can get Ethan and some other ships and characters going quickly it’s great to see another member joining the board so if you have any questions, you know how to get hold of me

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 07-23-2018, 12:53 AM   #3
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,397 posts
Hi Jake! I'm Shadow, 28, and also live in the US! But it's a big country so that doesn't mean much. I'm in Florida right now, but originally from about 30 minutes outside NYC, and I've lived in Boston and Los Angeles. I haven't watched The Handmaid's Tale, but a lot of that has to do with a) my problems with Margaret Atwood and b) feeling no need to look into my country's future any more than I have to. Too busy trying to keep it from happening!

I'm not making new characters right now, but if you see any of my current characters that you'd like to connect with, shoot me a PM! I'm not on Discord, but I'm on Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype, and I use all of them all the time. Welcome to the madhouse!

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:12 AM   #4
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
Welcome Jake! I'm Heidi a fellow USer haha. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, Washington not far from Seattle. It's nice to see a new face around here!

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 07-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Cerulean
another day in damnation
Donor
Rixie
NL
417 posts
Hiyo Jake! I'm Rixie, and live in the Netherlands. I really love the Handmaid's tale on tv. I've never read the book though.

Hope you'll feel at home quickly here

Old 08-03-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
Midnight King
cut to the feeling.
Donor
Benno
London
577 posts
Hi Jake! Welcome to House of Madness! I'm Benno, I'm from the UK and unfortunately I've never seen The Handmaiden's Tale, but I've been told I should watch it so it's on my list. I hope you enjoy the board and hopefully we can cross paths at some point to do some great writing!

i'll fix you with my love,
and if you say you're okay, i'm gonna heal you anyway.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,123 posts
Hello Jake! I am Sandra from Sweden and I am kind of an old with my almost 32. Oh well. XD Welcome to HoM! Hope you'll like it here.
New Thread  Reply