House of Madness

House of Madness (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/index.php)
-   We're All Mad Here! (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   So, hey. (http://houseofmadness.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7209)

Codex 07-03-2013 09:56 AM

So, hey.

Hi all! Okay so I think I know/know of a couple of people on here. I know Nadya’s here. Hi Nadya! :p I’m Bex, I’m 22 and I’m from Newcastle, England. I recently finished uni and I’m graduating this month! And um, well now I have no idea what I’m doing with my life. I was studying Film & Television Studies so you can probably guess I spend a lot of time watching film and TV such as Supernatural, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Teen Wolf and pretty much anything by Joss Whedon, along with a billion other shows. I’m also a bit of a Harry Potter addict. And also sort of a wee bit obsessed with Felicia Day. Oh and I love playing video games! Whether I’m any good at them or not though, is another matter. But I’m pretty addicted to Dragon Age, Assassin’s Creed, Final Fantasy, Bioshock, Uncharted, and a bunch of others. I’m currently failing at Mass Effect.

I love the look of your boards and the games, particularly the ones with fantasy and sci-fi elements, they look bloody fab to me! I’d love to join in, but I might as well point out that as much as I want to jump in and make friends and whatnot, I’m a complete and utter WUSS when it comes to that stuff so bare with me :/ I’ve been role playing on and off for a little while but I haven’t done it in a while and don’t really consider myself quite on the level a lot of people on here seem to be but I figure I gotta learn! :p I’m on a couple of other boards but the only RPG one I’ve been on properly is Toujours Pur. So might have seen a couple of people around, even if it’s just through my tendency for lurking on RP sites!

My laptop is knackered right now so I spend 99% of my time online on my iPad, which doesn’t like me very much so fair warning, if I post anywhere and you see any glaring autocorrect rubbish, blame apple not me! Hoping to get a new laptop soon so I can be back on and harassing people properly once more.

So, that's me! Hello :)

Daisy Johnson 07-03-2013 09:58 AM

ANOTHER GAMER! WOOHOO! Hello, Morrigan Bex. Welcome. I am Phoebe. :D I would love to roleplay with you so let me know if you fancy plotting.

Codex 07-03-2013 10:01 AM

Hello Phoebe! Thanks for the welcome :D I love your username, I'm still getting to know the characters in Mass Effect but Tali seems pretty cool so far!

I'm stalking all the games at the moment, but I'd love to roleplay with you too when I get my head around it all! :p Nice to meet you!

Daisy Johnson 07-03-2013 10:20 AM

May I point you towards Arcqu'iris? It's a sci-fi/space RPG.

I love Tali :D I love Fem Shep, but that doesn't work as a username, haha.

Steve Rogers 07-03-2013 10:28 AM

Hi Bex! I studied in Newcastle....forever ago, but welcome to HoM! Any friend of Nadya is a friend of mine. :)

Codex 07-03-2013 10:51 AM

Phoebe, Arcqu'iris looks pretty good! It's definitely caught my interest! I've never really seen any spacey type RPGs before, it looks great :D and no I don't think Fem Shep has quite the same ring to it :p

Hi Anna! Thank you for the welcome! Newcastle as in upon Tyne? Not under Lyme? ooooh where did you study at? I don't know whether to be excited someone's been there or sad that you had to put up with our city :p

Steve Rogers 07-03-2013 10:59 AM

Actually, I loved Newcastle. I miss it. I was at Northumbria, for a year.... and it really was a while ago. LOL

Daisy Johnson 07-03-2013 11:02 AM

Which Newcastle are you from? north? I'm near the other Newcastle.

Codex 07-03-2013 11:06 AM

Northumbria is the uni I've literally just finished! I love Newcastle really (got some major Geordie pride going on sometimes) but sometimes it can suck :p

And yep, north! Newcastle upon Tyne.

Daenerys Stormborn 07-03-2013 12:24 PM

Hey Bex, welcome to the board! I'm Matt :) You have great taste in TV shows! And games! I'm a Final Fantasy fan too :D Which one's your favourite? Has to be VII for me!