House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Get Motivated!

Old 12-20-2016, 04:15 PM   #21
Little Talks
the Truth may vary
Award Winner / Donor
Elisa
Here on Earth
617 posts
Pumpkin seeds. I absolutely love them. Also a sucker for cucumber slices and sliced bell peppers (especially if I can get my hands on stripy ones). I also love any citrus fruit and can eat an entire bag of clemetines in one sitting.

Tonight I am cooking vegetable soup. The weather's absolutely horrible so it should be perfect. Hubby will likely be having pizza and I really don't want to eat that. It will be much easier to resist the temptation with a pot of soup already made.

soon it will all be over,

and buried with our past
Old 12-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #22
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
I just went to the gym for the first time in about six months, maybe more, and omg I am in pain. XD Feels fantastic though, and I have a lot more energy now than I did this morning.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:12 PM   #23
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
My friend and I went to the gym from 9:30 to 11 pm tonight, and we were the only ones there. Luxury! And I am ridiculously proud of myself for it. Haha. Now I just have to manage to calm down enough to be able to go to sleep soonish.

How is everyone else doing? Did you binge on Christmas food and treats or did you manage to contain yourselves?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #24
Talking Body
Banned
Alex
ATL
20,093 posts
Well it's 2017! How's the update on everyone staying true to their new workout gear!
Old 01-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #25
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Good! Was at the gym yesterday, going again today. And I'm being good with food not eating tons of sugary crap. Haha
Old 01-04-2017, 01:09 PM   #26
Talking Body
Banned
Alex
ATL
20,093 posts
One of my main goals was to not eat out as much. Literally was wasting so much money on top of feeling shitty when I ate out like 3+ times a day. My new goal is to try to eat out only once every pay period, which so far so good.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #27
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
I buy my lunch at the store across the street from work almost every day. It's less expensive but it's not the healthiest and I'd save even more money if I had a cooking day and made myself some lunch boxes. That's one of my goals this year, to become better at preparing food in advance.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #28
Good Grief
your voice is a weapon
Award Winner / Donor
Vicki Lotz
middle-earth
3,918 posts
Holidays were rough I know that I over-indulged somewhat. I tried not to eat an excess of sweets, but I def had lots of wine and big dinners. I haven't weighed in since the holidays and I'm afraid to. I know if I gained weight I'm gonna beat myself up.

Gearing up for the new year, I cracked down on my eating again last Friday. I'm not eating as much candy/treats as I was during the holiday season. I also started taking a dietary supplement that helps control appetite so I have less urge to snack. I can tell I've been eating MUCH smaller portions and I don't feel like I'm deprived at all. And I'm back at the gym I'm gonna be a big girl and weigh this weekend. Hopefully even if I've gained a few pounds it won't totally demoralize me LOL

if you're gonna hit me, hit me harder

cause you better knock me out the first time
Old 01-05-2017, 07:07 PM   #29
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
I'm gonna need your help guys. I've decided that I need to lose some weight and my first plan is to eat better. I'm cutting out the snacks and trying to stick to drinking water and tea instead of soda. Work is the worst plac for me because I have to resist the treats on the ward and it's so tempting to grab something unhealthy on my lunch breaks but i skipped my cooked breakfast this morning and had banana and yoghurt instead. It's baby steps but for me it's a big deal

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 01-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #30
Good Grief
your voice is a weapon
Award Winner / Donor
Vicki Lotz
middle-earth
3,918 posts
That's awesome Carly!! It's a huge deal because taking the first step to get started is the hardest part. You're doing the right thing by making a few small changes first, cause once you have those down, it's easier to stick with it and start making more. YOU GOT THIS!

if you're gonna hit me, hit me harder

cause you better knock me out the first time
New Thread  Reply