House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → Catfish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
First time I met up with people I'd met online was in July '07 when Aerosmith were playing at Hyde Park Calling in London and people from a Slash forum came from all over to meet up and listen to great music. It was awesome! But I brought a friend with me from home just to be sure.

From the other side of what Rochelle said, people did look at me very strangely when I said I was going to Australia for three weeks to stay with someone I'd never met. But I was just like... why would she be anyone other than the person I've gotten to know really well over the past six years? I'm naive in the way that I assume that people are exactly who they say they are, since I've always told the truth about myself. But yeah, it has always worked out well for me so far. haha

I'm much more cautious about dating apps though. I've been on one for a while, and I met guy from there that I ended up not clicking with, but Idk, the transition from online to offline is weird for me if I haven't had a chance to get to know the person really well online first, like with Rochelle and my friends from the Slash forum. I don't think dating apps are really for me, even though I sometimes think it might be the only way for me to find someone since I'd have to actually leave the house to meet someone new offline. XD
New Thread