House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → Whats Your Sign?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Viking Heart
savage high
Donor
Lee
Manchester
1,322 posts
whats your sign

What star sign are you? Do you have the typical characteristics, do you believe in them?!

I've always believed in Star Signs. See, I don't know how they work, or whether it actually does have anything to do with the stars alignments and where the planets are when you're born... but I do have a lot of friends with characteristics that fall into their sign.

I'm a Scorpio. The key words that often crop up are passionate, stubborn, jealous. All of which are true of me, I'll be the first to admit my weaknesses.

Scorpio Likes: Truth, facts, being right, teasing, longtime friends, a grand passion, a worthy adversary.

Scorpio Dislikes: Dishonesty, passive people, revealing secrets.

^ Again, all true of me.

It'd be interesting to see if there are any other scorpios about, and to see if they're similar.

Also, other signs, what are you meant to be like, and is it true?

x-x-x-x-x sometimes i think i was born backwards x-x-x-x-x
Old 09-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I am a Leo through and through. The good and the bad.

Positive traits: Kindhearted, Energetic, Optimistic, Straightforward, Loyal
Negative traits: Headstrong, Egoistic, Possessive, Dominating, Impatient, Arrogant.

I don't know that I'm particularly possessive, but I'd say that the rest are true. I can be arrogant, stubborn, and I have an ego (about my academic career not necessarily to the same degree about other stuff), but I'm also usually optimistic, loyal to a fault, and energetic!

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 09-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
Mine is complicated. I was born on December 22nd which is the start of Capricorn. Some horoscopes have the 22nd as the last day of Sagittarius. I identity with Sagittarius so much more than Capricorn but both apply in some aspects.

Capricorn:

Strengths:
Responsible, good managers, disciplined, self-control, dark sense of humor.
Weaknesses:
Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst.

Sagittarius:

Strengths:
Great sense of humor, idealistic, generous
Weaknesses:
Will say anything no matter how undiplomatic, promises more than can deliver, can be impatient to the point of rudeness

Of all the things listed the only ones that actually are right about me are "can be impatient to the point of rudeness" and generous.

When i do randonly look at horscopes, Sagittarius is more true about me than Capricorn is. It just depends I guess lol

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 09-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Spencer Reid
living quietly bleeding
Donor
Agnes
parallel universe
5,602 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosima Niehaus View Post

Capricorn:

Strengths:
Responsible, good managers, disciplined, self-control, dark sense of humor.
Weaknesses:
Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst.
I was born twelve days after Christmas and I am definitely a Capricorn. Even though I don't exhibit any of th the above positive traits, except maybe the dark sense of humor. But the weakness? Unfortunately that's sometimes me in a nut-shell.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
poliahu
Clap your hands!
Carnie
Lia
Hawaii
77 posts
I'm a Leo born in the year of the Metal Rooster, which makes me a very complicated person. I'm not one who ascribes to star signs though since most of what these two have as descriptors aren't really how I am. I remember thinking when I read up on these signs that if I had a bit more of them in my personality, perhaps then I would be famous and outgoing.

LEO: Warm, action-oriented and driven by the desire to be loved and admired, the Leo have an air royalty about them. They love to be in the limelight, which is why many of them make a career in the performing arts.

Positives: kind, energetic, optimistic, straightforward, and loyal.

Negatives: egoistic, possessive, dominating, impatient, and arrogant.

My commonalities: kind, loyal, possessive, impatient, and sometimes arrogant.

Metal Rooster: As Roosters are already of a Metal sign, this Rooster carries a double metal element – this means that they are extra steely, determined and hardworking in their goals. Carrying great focus, he will impress others with his passion towards work, drive and high ideals, which he will see right through to the end. He will also have a naturally charismatic draw about him – people will be attracted to his strong energy. Metal Roosters have what it takes to be famous! -

Positives: hardworking, organized, prudent, practical, idealistic, and captivating.

Negatives: opinionated, headstrong, needs to be important, hates to be challenged, and blunt.

My commonalities: organized, idealistic, opinionated, and hates to be challenged.

Seriously with these two signs I should, according to their descriptions, be famous and rich. LOL! But like I said most of the traits that would make me those things I do not have.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I'm a Gemini which apparently means:

Quote:
The driving force behind a Gemini's conversation is their mind. The Gemini-born are intellectually inclined, forever probing people and places in search of information. The more information a Gemini collects, the better. Sharing that information later on with those they love is also a lot of fun, for Geminis are supremely interested in developing their relationships. Dalliances with these folks are always enjoyable, since Geminis are bright, quick-witted and the proverbial life of the party. Even though their intellectual minds can rationalize forever and a day, Geminis also have a surplus of imagination waiting to be tapped. Can a Gemini be boring? Never!
Life of the party? Always talking? My favourite thing to do is not be in the physical company of another human being, and put me in a room with people I don't know I'll just try to find the quickest, most realistic excuse to leave.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
LollipopDreams
Carnie
Cheryl
Indianapolis
20 posts
I'm studying astrology, because I'm pick random stuff to research and right now it's astrology. I did my birth chart and it really gave me some insight into myself.

My Sun is in Virgo which means I should be organized, analytical, and tidy. However, my moon is in Gemini which suggests that I'm talkative, quick witted, always thinking and coming up with new ideas, and messy, because I always have so much on my plate which is pretty much me.

If anyone is interested in doing their birth chart, here's a good website. All you need is your date of birth, time of birth, and your birth city.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #8
Dream October
Imagine something witty
Donor
Kearyn
Canada
81 posts
I am a Cancer and that means the following from my birth chart...

She weighs words carefully and is tenacious. A calm and discreet nature, tender, thoughtful, sensitive and impressionable.

Weaknesses: She is humble, timid, changeable, indecisive, lazy, over-sensitive. Easily influenced by the family and sometimes manipulative.

Unfortunately I have to agree with almost all of it. HAH. Mostly unfortunate because I am *SO* lazy and indecisive. And I'm not as over-sensitive as I used to be (thankfully) but I can take things a little to personally for my own good. heh.

If I can be with you, I won't hesitate to sell my soul to the devil.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #9
Requiem
a whole new world
Award Winner / Donor
Sera
New Jersey
1,784 posts
I'm a Cancer as well and that is definitely me, haha. But I was born just two days into it and was almost a Gemini, so I'm kind of a mixture of the two. I've never believed in that kind of stuff, though, but it is fun to look at sometimes.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #10
Abandon Ship
Atoms made of stardust
Donor
Kirsten Cumberbatch
Brisbane, Australia
1,453 posts
I'm Libran. I definitely agree with some of the traits but I am not superficial or nearly as outgoing as my star sign says I am. This is some of my supposed traits.

Positive Traits

Tactful
The Libra-born natives are experts at getting things done, but they cannot be called cunning. They are too good to exploit the emotions of other people.

Romantic
Their ruling planet is Venus, and they are extremely romantic people. Whatever they do in life is driven by the feelings of love.

Not entirely true. Driven by the love of my family? potentially but mostly I'm driven by success and rewards, life experience etc.

Charming
They have a very pleasing manner of talking and also choose pleasant subjects to talk about, which makes people feel happy in their company.

Just
They have a strong sense of justice and fair play. They may skilfully find their way out, but they will never resort to cunning methods to get what they want.

Diplomatic
They are well-known for their diplomatic skills and have the ability to listen to differing points of view with a great deal of patience.

Balanced
The Scales will never go to extremes, and will mostly choose the middle path in order to please everyone around them, whatever the issues may be.

Negative Traits

Superficial
The Libra-born can easily get carried away by outer beauty, to the extent that they may ignore the beautiful inner qualities of other people.

Well, that's entirely false about my personality. I am not superficial.

Detached
People born under the Zodiac Sign Libra are firm and strong, but they can also be detached and pretend to be pleasant sometimes as they don’t wish to displease anyone.

Unreliable
A Libra native can easily be influenced by the views of other people and are prone to keep changing their minds. If is difficult to understand whether they will keep their promises.

False. I am very reliable.

Laid-back
The Scales, though mostly energetic, can sometimes be lazy and may tend to take things easy. It is not physical laziness, but they wish to avoid any kind of stress or emotional challenges.

False again. When I don't want to do things its because I can think of other things I'd rather do I do wish to avoid stress and emotional challenges but I work in an industry where those two things are constant so it's a bit difficult to avoid them.

Indecisive
One of the most difficult things for a Libra is to take a decision. When faced with a choice, it is very tough for them to select what is best for them, which can become a big hurdle in their path.

False. I make pretty quick decisions and follow through on them.

Self-indulgent
Because they have a strong desire for material comforts, they may tend to waste a lot of money in unnecessary luxuries.

True because who doesn't? This isn't a negative trait to me it's a positive one cause like I said life experience = enjoying it.
New Thread  Reply