House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Welcome to the Carnival The Mystic's Magic Ball → Board Suggestions [2]

Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
board suggestions

Do you have an idea about how to make the board better? If so, feel free to post in here and the staff will take your suggestions into account.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,397 posts
I saw the announcement about the hover code and went to check my AI list thread. So, I see what you mean about it all being reset. Problem is, I can't figure out how to fix it. I tried retyping the dimensions/text/image URL for the first image and previewed before saving, and it didn't change anything. I'm wondering if this is a glitch, or if it's something on my end?

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
It's probably all my fault. DAMN IT CHANT! Let me go ahead and check it out, Shadow.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I know this has been mentioned before, but I would like a 'view all new posts from today/last 24 hours' type button. You can click 'view new posts', but that falls down a lot. For example:

- If I log onto HoM on my phone and it half loads but then not fully, I then lose all new posts up to that point.
- If I roll over and accidentally load it on my phone in the night when I'm half asleep, I lose all new posts.
There are more, but I think you get the idea. The "new posts" button expires after about twenty minutes.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
Macarena
hoper of far-flung hopes
Award Winner / Carnie
Meg
The TARDIS
8,254 posts
^ Did you know that if you mark all threads as read and click view new posts, it'll give you an option to view the posts for the last 24 hours?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I didn't... how do you mark all threads as read? I can't see it.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
Macarena
hoper of far-flung hopes
Award Winner / Carnie
Meg
The TARDIS
8,254 posts
^ Shadow deserves credit for teaching me that If you go right above where it shows which users are online on the main page with all the forums, there should be a button that says "mark forums read."
Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
Phoebe, I changed the get new posts link in the default chocolate scheme to see if this is the search term you were talking about? If it is, I can go ahead and edit it into all of the schemes.

Unfortunately... I reverted the coding of the hover bbcode back to the original and it's still not working so I think there's something else I'm missing. I know Erika is traveling, so I sent her a PM so she could look into it once she's home since she's the one who originally installed it.

My bad guys. I apologize for the inconvenience. I tried to fix a problem and made it worse. It'll be back soon.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
Macarena
hoper of far-flung hopes
Award Winner / Carnie
Meg
The TARDIS
8,254 posts
Sooo is it just me, or is the 'get new posts' link now not working at all? It's telling me there are no matches now. Does this have to do with the changes?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
What scheme are you using? The only change that was made was to the chocolate default scheme and it shows all the posts from within the last day.

All the other ones weren't touched and they still work for me. I currently see this which gives me the option to move on to the the last posts within 24 hours.

On the chocolate default, it should show this now. I'm waiting for feedback to see if this is the kind of things you guys were wanting before I go ahead and change all of the navbar links.
New Thread  Reply