House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel The Freak Show → Avengers: Endgame [SPOILERS!]

Old 04-28-2019, 07:11 PM   #1
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
OH MY FUCKING GOD GUYS!

I legit cried. From the moment Clint's family faded, when Tony saw Pepper, when Scott saw Cassie, when Thor got to talk to Frigga, when Natasha died for Clint, when everyone came back except Loki and Vision, when Tony died, Tony's funeral, when Happy was talking to Morgan, when Steve came back as an old man, when Steve gave his sheild to Sam, when Steve got to dance with Peggy again. LITERALLY THE WHOLE DAMN MOVIE.

Can we talk about how Steve used Mjolnir?? Or when Thanos literally had to call on ships to fire because Wanda was too fucking strong for him?? WHEN ALL THE GIRLS GOT TOGETHER DURING THE FIGHT?!

I cried the whole time, I swear. I wanna see it again!

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 04-30-2019, 01:49 AM   #2
Twilight Reverie
abyss of time
Award Winner / Main Act
amy hemsworth
the sunshine state
13,601 posts
If Tony hadn't given the big snap at the end, Steve would definitely be the MVP of that movie.

Also, Steggy being together again <3. And Thor joining the Guardians.

"As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass!"

We are rooted deep in the darkness
And keep growing towards the light
Old 05-01-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
Yes, Thor and the Guardians together make me so happy. My favorites together!

Damn right, America's ass lol

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 05-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #4
Theo Raeken
the stories not yet told
Award Winner / Donor
Tommy
England
9,068 posts
All I can say is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I will forever love this movie for the sole fact it gave me the Steve/Peggy happy ending that they both deserved - and that's not even mentioning the hundreds of other things it did that I loved.

because there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know

if you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go
Old 05-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
^ I think that was one of the redeeming parts of the film was giving Steve/Peggy their happy ending because they are one of my OTPs for lifeeeee.

I love the Clint/Natasha feels cause I love them together (wish it was romantic instead of the cheap family element he was given). However, I am still not over her sacrifice and how it's interpreted that cause she doesn't/can't have kids, her life is expendable. That pisses me the fuck off.

The start of the film was super slow for me, but I loved the humorous parts of the film especially with Scott and I love me some Thor. Also I am really attracted to Captain Marvel.

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
Old 05-06-2019, 05:29 PM   #6
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
To be honest, I didn't enjoy the movie and one of the big reasons I didn't enjoy the movie was the Steve/Peggy 'happy ending'. I hated it because:
- Out of all of the avengers, I thought Steve was one of the people who deserved that happy ending the least. The kind of trauma that Natasha, Tony and Nebula had been through in their life, and, what? Two of them got killed off? And Steve, who's been universally loved and hasn't experienced much personal trauma beyond losing Peggy, gets his perfect life?
- It made no sense in the context of the alternate universe/multiverse theory. They literally had to break their own lore, that they established in that movie, in order to make it happen.

I also hated:
- Natasha being sacrificed. Because the universe didn't already shit on 'monstrous, childless Natasha' enough.
- Fat Thor being used as a joke for the whole movie
- The Marvel ladies shot. I know I sound like some white MAGA dudebro fratboy by saying this, but I really hated that moment. It was so false and so ridiculous. What, like all the men just couldn't be bothered to engage in the fight at that same exact moment? It just looked like the women all flew down for a photo op and it distracted me from the movie. It just didn't work.
- The non-stop sentimentality in every moment of the movie.

However, I loved:
- Scott basically saving the world
- Wanda in rage mode ripping Thanos apart
- Steve handling Mjolnir
Old 05-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #7
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
I think your take on Steve and the lore has validity. Though it doesn't stop me from treasuring that plot point and ending for him.

I do feel everyone else's trauma and baggage was completely ignored. Thor received a little closure with his mom but I do agree the bagging on Thor for the weight gain was really overkill and gross. At first, I laughed but upon reflection, I am like dude is obviously dealing with lots of shite. Loss of his entire family and failure to save half the world. And it's treated like a big joke.

Steve handling Mjolnir was a win.

But yeah I am still not over Natasha's sacrifice and glossing over Clint's vigilante life (though I do adore him probably because of Jeremy Renner portraying him), like it was such an afterthought. He is consistently underwritten and thrown in without much thought. We are supposed to like him because of the family?! It was utter shit and they fucked up his character royally. I was hoping that both Clint and Natasha would fall off together then that would like override the soul stone's demands. Ugh. I watched this on Friday and I am still not over it.

I don't know if it's my conflicting feelings for both Natasha and Clint having unrequited stuff/his family BS story/the sacrifice itself or all of them above.

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
New Thread  Reply