House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel → So.. who Are You?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
Talking Body
Banned
Alex
ATL
20,093 posts
So Shadow totally reminded me of the Myers-Briggs personality test one of the threads and how freaking dead on that thing can be. If you haven't taken it before, it basically groups you into one of 16 groups. So anyhoo! I'm curious to see what you guys got! If you've taken it before, awesome, if not there's a few free tests roaming around the internet. Shadow- you might know the best one since I think you said you use it for your characters. I just go to this place 16 personalities.

Once you take it, post about your results and whether or not you agree! I'm banking that a lot of us are going to be on the introverted side but who knows!

MY RESULTS:

I scored INTJ (Introversion, intuition, thinking, judgement), which apparently one of the rarest of the personality types and even less common being a female. Some famous INTJ's are Hannibal and Putin (lol da fuq I'm scared), but hey we got Katniss too so I can live with that. Major points:

- I like to work alone / less socialable than other types
- Will take the lead if no one else will / believes they're fucking it up (TRU)
- Doesn't immediately accept authority based on rank or title
- Take no prisoners mentality. If someone's beliefs don't make sense, have no issues with pointing that out.
- Personal relationships, especially romantic ones, are INTJ's Achillies heel. Not particularily interested in others thoughts / feelings. Can care about a select group of people.
- Have little time for small talk / social rituatuals / flirtation and are extremely private making it harder to get to know them.
- Can be seen as an elitist or snob.
- Well suited for career in academia, research, management, law or science.
- Emotions are hard to read, can seem cold/reserved and unresponsive. Work better in a working situation than recreational. (Dead on, leave me the fuck alone unless we need to do something)
Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
Theo Raeken
the stories not yet told
Award Winner / Donor
Tommy
England
9,068 posts
I'm an ISFJ which is quite a common group but I don't mind, I think it suits me! Famous ISFJs are the Queen, Halle Berry and Dr Watson from the Sherlock mythos. There's been a lot of arguments that Captain America is an ISFJ too so I'll take that.

General Stuff
- Naturally social but still introverted
- Uses their imagination for gift-giving (seriously, I love giving presents)
- "Home is where the heart is" etc
- Struggle to stand up for yourself to maintain confidence and enthusiasm
- Need time to prepare for changes and new ideas
- Seek out long-term relationships sometimes at the same level as religion

Strengths
- Very Supportive
- Enthusiastic
- Loyal and hard-working
- Imaginative and Observant
- Reliable and Patient
- Good Practical Skills

Weaknesses
- Humble and Shy
- Overload Themselves
- Take Many Things Too Personally (lol this is so true)
- Reluctant to Change
- Too Altruistic
- Repress Their Feelings (and this!)

because there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know

if you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go
Old 09-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Requiem
a whole new world
Award Winner / Donor
Sera
New Jersey
1,784 posts
I got INFP (introverted, intuitive, feeling, prospecting), which apparently only 4% of the population is, and is part of the Diplomat group. Famous INFPs are Shakespeare, J.R.R. Tolkien, Johnny Depp, Tom Hiddleston, and Frodo Baggins.

General Stuff
- True idealist
- Guided by principles rather than logic
- Talent for self-expression, reveal beauty and secrets through metaphors and fictional characters (guess I'm in the right place)
- Gift for communication
- Withdraw into "hermit mode" if left unchecked (oh hai)
- Dream of the perfect relationship, form an image of a pedestalled ideal that is their soul mate
- Extreme aversion to conflict

Strengths
- Idealistic
- Seek and Value Harmony
- Open-Minded and Flexible
- Very Creative
- Passionate and Energetic
- Dedicated and Hard-Working

Weaknesses
- Too Idealistic
- Too Altruistic
- Impractical
- Dislike Dealing With Data
- Take Things Personally
- Difficult to Get to Know (huh? no)
Old 09-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
I am also INTJ!

Some quotes that make me giggle because they're so true...

"With a natural thirst for knowledge that shows itself early in life, INTJs are often given the title of "bookworm" as children. While this may be intended as an insult by their peers, they more than likely identify with it and are even proud of it, greatly enjoying their broad and deep body of knowledge. INTJs enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects, but owing to their Intuitive (N) and Judging (J) traits, they prefer to design and execute a brilliant plan within their field rather than share opinions on "uninteresting" distractions like gossip."

THIS IS ME ABOUT THE CHILDREN AT SCHOOL. Like, I've been baffled for the last four years about how I can be so open minded and yet so cynical at the same time.
For example, INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results.

Does anyone else do this for their characters?
Old 09-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
Writebrained
i started all the wars
Award Winner / Donor
Nai
ImagiNAItion
3,646 posts
I'm also an INFP like Sera . Makes sense, makes sense.

So, as I was reading this (the first page at that), I almost lost my mind because I always have existential crisis (had one last week and my friend had to call me and rein me back in) aka this is so my personality:
Quote:
...become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for INFPs’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook... If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands...
More me, especially considering I'm about to release my poetry book (yep, I will keep mentioning it because I've been too scared to do it and admit it) and want to write novels
Quote:
it's no wonder that many INFPs are celebrated poets and authors.
The weaknesses are totally moi, but also like Sera, I don't think I'm difficult to know! Well, not anymore. Sometimes I should shut up more lol.

I'm also not afraid of conflict and I don't avoid it as much as it says. In the past, si, but I've passed that trait. Guess I worked on it and got better indeed.

Whenever I disappear from boards (and outernet life, too), this is it:
Quote:
INFPs will always need to disappear for a while, removing themselves from others so they can re-center on their own minds and feelings.
It also summarized my career aspirations perfectly. I struggled so much to find a "thing" and now I sort of have a whatever schedule happening and I feel so much better.
Quote:
It is perhaps more challenging for INFPs to find a satisfying career than any other type. Though intelligent, the regimented learning style of most schools makes long years earning an advanced degree a formidable undertaking... First and foremost is seemingly every INFPs' dream growing up - to become an author... Service careers such as ... counselling, social work, psychology and even academic roles and retraining can be exceptionally rewarding for INFPs...there are a few basic truths about what INFPs seek in the workplace: they value harmony, need an emotional and moral connection to their work, and loathe bureaucratic tedium... [they] aren't looking for easy, forgettable work that pays the bills, they're looking for meaningful work that they actually want to think about

you're mistaking all my mistakes for my crooked nature
Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
poliahu
Clap your hands!
Carnie
Lia
Hawaii
77 posts
I got INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)

According to the test I'm as follows:

Personality: INFJ
Variant: Turbulent
Role Diplomat

Quote:
You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your deep thoughts, strong will and intuitive skills.
I actually never thought that about myself. But after reading over this personality type I can see some similarities. But I highly disagree with the idea that I'm some sort of idealist seeking to right all the wrongs in the world. Because really isn't that a bit tiring? This was an interesting test to take. (And I could have sworn a few years ago I had something else. LOL! I guess I should take this test ever few years to see if I've changed.)

Apparently I'm in the ranks with Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Nicole Kidman, Jimmy Carter, Mel Gibson, Goethe, and James Wilson from House.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
Talking Body
Banned
Alex
ATL
20,093 posts
Omg are any of us going to be on the extroverted side lol?
Old 09-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #8
poliahu
Clap your hands!
Carnie
Lia
Hawaii
77 posts
I'm pretty sure most extroverts don't RP. LOL! Just saying...

Old 09-06-2014, 05:50 AM   #9
Space Oddity
glorious
Award Winner / Main Act
Shadow
a galaxy far, far away
7,399 posts
I'm INFP and have been for as long as I've known about this test. I'll retake it with this version tomorrow most likely, but I really don't expect my type to change, since it hasn't changed much except in % of trait strength since I was, like... 13. Oddly enough, this is the version I used to use for my characters most of the time but I lost the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Quinn View Post
Does anyone else do this for their characters?
It's a lot of fun taking it for characters! And it's also a good way to get a better handle on them. For my part, I know I find myself confused about my characters' actions a lot of the time, especially when they completely ignore what I wanted them to do. One of these days I need to turn my old laptop on again just to get my list of character personality types off of it. I especially remember flailing at you about how stupidly accurate Dom's result was. XD

I won't let them break me down to dust.

I know that there's a place for us.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #10
poliahu
Clap your hands!
Carnie
Lia
Hawaii
77 posts
Oh gosh. I never thought to do this for my characters! That would be fun, and a tad bit scary I think. LOL! Now I know what I'm going to do if I'm bored... take the test for each of my characters.

New Thread  Reply