House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Winter Skin

Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I have combination skin, so my nose fluctuates between dry as hell (as it is atm) and oily, my chin is always oily, but my cheeks are 'perfect' so to speak. I was wondering what people do for skincare in the winter. I've been using a generic moisturizer but it doesn't feel like it's working and I'd like to avoid having my skin completely dry out if possible. I also drink like six glasses of water a day so my fluid intake is a-okay.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 12-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
I have combo skin but more on the dry/sensitive side.

Daily, I use Pond's Dry Skin moisturizer. I find it pretty easily in stores. For the winter, I use Aquaphor (Eucerin brand, I believe?) because I get dry patches near my eyelids and on part of my cheek, it's weird. >.< But, I found a natural way to moisturize that is phenomenal: coconut oil. I dab some on my face and even on my legs because they get so dry. It's a miracle oil, seriously. I should probably use it more often nowadays but I forget since Gail uses it to cook as well.

I try to drink more water everyday and it sounds like you are def hydrated. I understand skin woes. My skin is on the dry side but it's a tad oily in the t-zone. But my skin doesn't react well to cleansers with too many chemicals or that acid for acne. So I get zits between my eyes but then there is a red, dry patch on my lower cheek. It's like WTF! Hehehe.

Oh also exfoliating 1-3 times a week helps clear away those dead skin cells. Of course overdoing it will not help, but it is good to do it. ^_^

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
New Thread  Reply