House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Get Motivated!

Old 03-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #41
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Bringing this thread back to life to say that ew, first time back at the gym after a month and a cold later was brutal. Almost passed out just from a bit of rowing. >_< Oh well, can only get better from here!

Anyone else struggling? Feel free to rant and make me feel less alone. XD
Old 03-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #42
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
I'm actually managing to stick to this better rating thing and I've lost about 10lbs since the start of the year. It's not loads but it's a good start.

what did you think i'd say to that? does a scorpion sting while fighting back?
they strike to kill and you know I will

Old 03-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #43
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
That's AWESOME! Good job!

I really need to get back to eating better again. Massive grocery shopping needed. Sigh
Old 09-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #44
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
So I joined the gym with Tom and I'm really trying to make myself go at least twice a week (although ideally I want to go more, that's just the minimum I'm doing) and so far it's going well. They have a pool there so I think I might do a lot of swimming because it's easier on my poor joints but I'm finding that I feel so much better mood wise after I work out.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #45
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I've been lazy with the gym this week (I haven't been in six days) but I'm going to make myself go at least twice a week from now on. If I take my gym stuff to work with me, I'm more likely to do it straight after work.

I am easily hitting my 10000 steps a day though now I'm back at work because whilst I get the bus into work in the morning, I'm walking 3 miles home every evening so it helps

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #46
Morrigan Crow
Wundersmith
Award Winner / Main Act
Sandra
Nevermoor
9,125 posts
Reviving this thread to check in with everybody. How are you feeling, health and exercise-wise?

I haven’t been to the gym since early June and I can deeeefinitely feel it. I have back pains again, I get out of breath embarrassingly easily, and on top of that I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life right now. So yeah, not great. But!

My brother is getting married on a June 8th so I’m going to set that as a deadline for myself to get back into decent shape. Lbr I just want to look nice in a dress and decent in photos from their wedding since those will be around forever. I’m also getting really interested in hiking and camping and stuff and have started to gather gear to be able to go on longer overnight hikes, for which I need to build both the strength to carry a heavy backpack, and the stamina to actually do the hike. So I have lots of motivation and there is no better time than the present.

Anyone else looking to get back to a healthier, happier version of themselves? Let’s share tips and keep each other accountable!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #47
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
I am new to this motivation, I really like the idea of keeping each other motivated. I joined a bootcamp in March and been pretty consistent with going 2-3x a week but I fall off a bit with school and depending on what I have due etc.

Last week I didn't go at all, which sucked for sure. My gym is cool that they contact you to check in when you don't show up because they want to keep people accountable. I just was procrastinating so much and their schedules for sessions can be constricting. I have kettle balls and stuff at home so I really have no excuse not to do anything. It's just I am very undisciplined without an instructor.

What I struggle with is that I feel stronger when I am working out but I weigh heavier which is annoying. Like I don't feel fat but I know if my diet improved I could probably lose some pounds. But I love food too much. I love though that my arms have gotten stronger so I definitely want to go back this week to work out. One thing I am proud of are leg and bum strength, I use to have like a flat booty but now I am on that squat game. It's on!

I like the goal you set yourself Sandra! An overnight hike sounds super fun. I feel like one of my goals is to do some activities while away in Ireland for the break. We stay in a rural area so lots of space for running and doing physical activities. I would like to also focus on my triceps. My biceps feel stronger but my triceps omgggg. Would love to be able to do like 5 tricep pushups or TRX stuff without stopping. I know it's so low but I struggle so hard!!!

This one person I follow on instagram when I used to do spin class posted something I loved about like weight and something else not being a factor... Once I find it I will share it. I liked it cause I was like omg I am not losing weight but I feel better and more energetic, and that post made me feel good that the numbers and what's in media isn't what I should aspire to. I want to feel strong and confident~

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
Old 12-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #48
Heartbreak Girl
strike to kill
Award Winner /
Carly
C-53
27,090 posts
I haven’t been to the gym as much as I would like recently but I have been trying to eat better. I’ve cut down on the amount of chocolate and snacks I’ve been having and I’ve managed to lose almost a stone - however I may have put a bit of that back on this weekend!!

i think all the sex is helping too lol

Old 12-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #49
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
Sex still counts as exercise! You burn calories yo. I heard kissing burns calories too~

The holiday snacking is so bad for me especially when I am in school! What do you snack on instead, Carly?

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
New Thread  Reply