House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel Three-Ring Circus → Skincare

Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
skincare

How do you take care of your skin? What brands do you use? Do you have any secret tips?

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
no body, no crime
running in place
Award Winner / Donor
heidikins
Bat Country
13,421 posts
I have fallen in love with BB creams. They are light and I don't realize I have any on. They also help clear up and hide blemishes. I prefer them over concealer, which I've noticed in the past feel heavier to me and cause more shine due to natural sweat.

And the glass of my intentions turns to sand
And shatters in my hand
Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I have been using Kiehls and Proactiv lately. They use almost the same active ingredients and my skin has looked a lot better since I started using them.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
N/A
N/A
n/a posts
I use proactiv because it's the only stuff that has kept me blemish free and it's affordable it doesn't smell like poo. It's actually pretty decent and I can see why it's so popular, although I always use my box up before the month so I end up buying from the kiosks most of the time.

Has anyone used philosophy. I'm getting old, so I'm obsessed with anti-aging now. My mom used to use Hope In a Jar and her skin was flawless before she passed away. I'm in love with their Oxygen Facial. It makes my skin tingle in a good way!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Update: I strongly recommend Kiehl's if you have skin that traditionally does not respond to acne treatments. I've kind of always been a bit lazy when it comes to my skincare because nothing worked for me in the past even if I used it religiously but since the beginning of the year I've been using Kiehl's products on a daily basis and my skin is almost totally clear. I'll occasionally get a pimple of some sort but they are far and in between.

If I have a day where I can't spend fifteen minutes taking care of my face, I use the Neutrogena blackhead scrub so that I can wash and be done with my facial routine in about three minutes.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:08 AM   #6
Panda Bear
i love the way
Carnie
Crystal
MONTREAL!
43 posts
I've been using The Body Shop's products lately and they're great because they aren't too heavy on the face and they are relatively cheap!

Old 07-25-2015, 01:53 AM   #7
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
I have been on a huge skin care/beauty kick this year especially because my skin has become more sensitive over the years. I have used The Body Shop before which I like but they discontinued a lot of products I've used. Recently, they discontinued the tea tree oil concealer which treated blemishes and covered it up!

I've used Burt's Bee's Sensitive Skin cleanser but it doesn't seem to keep my skin hydrated. In my family (and in my culture), Pond's dry skin cream is the thing everyone uses that and Nivea. My mom uses Mary Kay night emollient cream which I bought recently, I use it for my lips though. ^_^; Lately, I started using Mary Kay's Botanicals line for dry skin. It's sensitive enough and hydrates pretty well. I still use store bought witch hazel for problem areas and I also use Cetaphil for dry skin which can be used for face/body.

I still use Pond's face wipes for my lazy days/travels and I recently tried Philosophy's hydration mask. I love how it tingles and I used it quite a bit in winter. I always come back to Pond's because it's been faithful to me all these years. I still use the cold cream to remove eye makeup.

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:10 AM   #8
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
I have the Tea Tree cleanser from The Body Shop that I like a lot.

Right now I use:
-Korres Greek Yogurt cleanser (with a Foreo Luna)
-Dr. Jart Pore Medic pore minimising cleanser
-Nutrogena pore clearing cleanser.

For masks, I use a few different ones:
-Sheet masks from sephora
-Glamglow clearing mud
-Clinique 5-minute mask

For creams I use:
-Kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate
-Dr. Jart moisturizer
-baby Rash cream for under my eyes. I know it sounds weird but it's meant to hydrate skin and eliminate redness lol.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:58 AM   #9
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts
The tea tree oil itself and the stick are god sends srsly. I don't buy them often only cause they cost quite a bit so I switched to witch hazel.

One of my favorite things from body shop that I feel is worth the money is the Vitamin C Skin Boost, makes my skin feel so smooth and gives it some zap. I also use the Vitamin C Face Mist to set makeup or freshen my face.

My sister in law actually uses preparation H for under eye puffiness. She says her mom uses it and it works. I have tried H2O samples but one I really liked was this Amore cream sample... looked it up cost like $150. Wtf. Tried Arbonne eye gel cause my friend gave it to me, I liked it. I should try to put it in the fridge cause it really is great to soothe tired eyes.

I need to buy refills of what I use but this is what I use~

Every day:
1. Mary Kay Botanicals 1 - face cleanser, freshen spray, and moisturizer
2. Witch hazel for T zone and blemishes
3. Pond's cleansing wipes - to freshen up cause summer makes me sweaty
4. Soft lips with SPF

Masks, I switch it up:
1. MK Botanicals 1 - face scrub/mask; can use as a scrub for when I am in a rush or a mask which I leave on for 10 min
2. Philosophy purity hydration mask

I need to update my creams because I ran out of my skin boost and my eye creams, what saves me is my makeup cause it has SPF and my eye concealer is a triple agent of SPF/cream/cover up. ^_^;

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
New Thread  Reply