House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Welcome to the Carnival The Mystic's Magic Ball The Grand Marquee → General Board Announcements

Old 09-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #61
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts

Welcome to Orlando, the sunny city in Florida! Come join the famous Florida Hospital as a patient, doctor or general staff member or simply live as a regular resident in the city. Also, Disney World! So, run on over to FHO and get stuck in

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 09-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #62
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Award Winner / Ring Leader
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Character Checks
Reminder: Character checks start tonight at midnight GMT - that's less than seven hours from now. You must have posted all characters by then.

[NEW] Please see here for an update to character checks rules & information.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #63
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
REMINDER: Checks Formatting
REMINDER: All character checks lists must be posted in a specific format. If they are not, and this results in staff having to do additional editing, your character will be put on a grace period. Updating member lists is a big job and it results in additional time and stress for staff to make small edits for lots of members.

Your list should be in this format:

01. Character Name (Actor Image)
02. Character Name (Actor Image)

... and so on.

Please do not add dates or other details. For example, the following format would need editing:

1. Character Name - Actor Image [date the post was made]

We would need to change the 1 to an 01, change the - to a (, and edit out the dates.

These changes sound like small issues when taken as a one off, but when staff are making them for multiple members in multiple games across the board, it becomes a lot more stressful. Thank you for your support
Old 10-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #64
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Pleasant Tree - Update
The Pleasant Tree schemes have been updated to remove unnecessary scripts. This should speed up the loading time considerably for those of you who were having issues. If you still cannot load Pleasant Tree, please PM the staff account and let us know.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #65
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
IMPORTANT: Potential Character Drops
A list of potential character drops and grace periods is now being posted in all games. In 48 hours these will become permanent.

If you feel that there is an error, post your updated character checks list as a NEW POST in the character checks thread for that game (if it was your mistake) or post in the character checks thread to let us know if we have made a mistake.

A few people made a lot of mistakes with formatting. Please see the example below. These may seem like small, silly, insignificant examples to you but it causes a lot of stress to staff when they have dozens or hundreds of characters that they have to update this for. If everyone updates their own character checks list so that you use the correct formatting in future, hopefully this problem will not arise again.

This is a correct list:

KEEPING
01. Ainsley Alderson (Rhona Mitra)
02. Georgette Baines (Jessie J)
03. Rylan Barrett (Michael Ealy)
04. India Da Veiga (Shailene Woodley)
05. Alyaan Dagher (Rami Malek)
06. Bassaym Dagher (Rami Malek)

These lists are all incorrect.

This list uses - instead of () for AIs:
KEEPING
01. Ainsley Alderson - Rhona Mitra
02. Georgette Baines - Jessie J
03. Rylan Barrett - Michael Ealy
04. India Da Veiga - Shailene Woodley
05. Alyaan Dagher - Rami Malek
06. Bassaym Dagher - Rami Malek

This list uses 1, 2, 3 instead of 01, 02, 03:
KEEPING
1. Ainsley Alderson (Rhona Mitra)
2. Georgette Baines (Jessie J)
3. Rylan Barrett (Michael Ealy)
4. India Da Veiga (Shailene Woodley)
5. Alyaan Dagher (Rami Malek)
6. Bassaym Dagher (Rami Malek)

This list has nicknames instead of full character names:
It doesn't matter what your character goes by on a daily basis. Use the name from the bio.
KEEPING
01. Ainsley Alderson (Rhona Mitra)
02. Georgie Baines (Jessie J)
03. Rylan Barrett (Michael Ealy)
04. Dia Da Veiga (Shailene Woodley)
05. Aly Dagher (Rami Malek)
06. Sam Dagher (Rami Malek)
Old 10-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #66
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Character Checks COMPLETE!
Character checks have now been completed. If any of your old accounts have not yet been merged, please post in the inactive account merges thread.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #67
Talking Body
Banned
Alex
ATL
20,093 posts
Carnival Tents Additions
The staff are pleased to announce a few changes to your roleplaying experience in the free forums section, Carnival Tents! Users are now able to enjoy the following:
  • Addition of postbits: The Carnival Tents now have their own postbits, the same as your favorite roleplaying games. Secondary roleplaying accounts now will have access to the Carnival Tents as well so users can play their favorite characters in their own unique universe. Users will also have the ability to request for additional character accounts (i.e. - making RPG accounts for “main” characters from other games for playability in the Carnival Tents).
  • Carnival Tent Events: Members will also be able to enjoy HoM created events throughout the year and explore a unique gaming experience cross-universe.

We hope you enjoy our latest gaming experience and if you have any questions feel free to contact any one of the staff members for clarification.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #68
Macarena
hoper of far-flung hopes
Award Winner / Carnie
Meg
The TARDIS
8,254 posts
AI Reservations Change
As the new year approaches, change is afoot at HoM! Some change comes in the form of wonderful additions (see above) and others the form of a little housekeeping.

Please note that all AI Reservations now use the same format, board-wide, and all Taken AI threads have been changed to match. This should be more organized and convenient for you. Please follow the new format when making reserves, which is as follows:

First Last - Month Day (in words) - Your Name

You can also find this format at the top post of every AI Reserve thread.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #69
Daisy Johnson
I'm a little monster
Phoebe
Yesterday
33,060 posts
Character Checks: Potential Drops
The potential drop lists have now been posted in all games. Please check them. If your character is listed and you feel it is an error, please post your corrected list in the character checks thread for that game. For a reminder of what a valid format is, see here.

You have 48 hours to make changes and updates before these drops are made final.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #70
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Username Changes
The rules about usernames have been slightly changed. You may now change a username early (less than three months after the prior change) at the cost of one character contributor space. However, you may not change your username more than once a month. Once the change has been made, your space will be removed from your member list and cannot be reused for a character.

Any questions, please PM a staff member.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
New Thread  Closed