House of Madness
Not a member yet? Register today to begin posting!

House of Madness Thrill Rides The Haunted Carousel The Freak Show → Fantastic Beasts (spoilers!)

Old 11-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #1
Chaos Theory
and your ivy grows
Award Winner /
Thomas
Colchester
55,295 posts
Okay so I saw Crimes of Grindelwald today and I have OPINIONS and I need to share them xD if you have seen/want to weigh in then please do

The good things:
- generally better than the first, this seemed like it was actually stringing together some sort of narrative.

- Zoe Kravitz is fantastic as Leta. I was so unsure about this character before it Leta is wonderful and should be protected.

- okay so I’m into young Dumbledore and I need to assess my life choices.

The not so good:
- Nagini. As if this wasn’t entirely unnecessary anyway but I was holding out for some explanation to make it worth it but there was nothing. There was no point in her being Nagini and, sadly, no point in her character whatsoever. She did not add anything.

- Johnny Depp is in the movie.

- Credence being Aurelius Dumbledore. OKAY WHAT. So we are supposed to believe that Albus doesn’t know that he had a younger brother who died at sea? Because he openly references that he didn’t know about losing a brother because he lost a sister instead (Ariana) but no reference to Aurelius at all. It just doesn’t make any sense.

- Also, Dumbledore teaching DADA? Excuse me but he was a transfiguration teacher. Also also McGonagall is a professor eight years before she was even BORN? JK, you’re losing whatever modicum of respect I had.

- Grindelwald was played by Johnny Depp. Also they give me a small shot of Toby regbo/Jamie Campbell bower and don’t expect me to want more?

- LETA DESERVED BETTER. Her death was so entirely unnecessary. She was easily my favourite character from this whole franchise and she was killed off for what? For not being evil?

- Queenie joining Grindelwald to the point she walks through loyalty fire for him so she can believe in marrying Jacob (who she walks away from when he questions her decision) just doesn’t make sense. It’s an interesting twist but it just doesn’t make sense.

- Johnny Depp is still in this movie.

my house of stone, your ivy grows and now i'm covered in you
Old 04-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
Angelic
mon couer
Award Winner / Donor
Angel
San Junipero
3,111 posts

I finally saw this movie on the plane because I didn't want to rent/buy it. I am glad there is a thread because I have feelings too. Lots of confused feelings LOL!
  • I really liked the first one, I think I prefer it because it just made more sense on its own... also Colin Farrell and I am still so mad about Johnny Depp as well. Like ugh, why why why.

• I agree with you Zoe Kravitz really impressed me with her acting and her accent, I really felt for Leta. I grew attached to her. I also agree that young Dumbledore is sexy as hell and whew, I need a some of this:

• Your point about Nagini is true because we don't find out much about her except that she is a Maledictus and she's a LI for Credence. We don't know much about her life/background/how she came to the circus/nothing! That's frustrating and also I think a version of clickbait for the film. It's disappointing because the actress is gorgeous and I want to see more of her damn it.

• YES THIS IS THE MOST PUZZLING PART OF THIS FILM HOW IS CREDENCE RELATED TO ALBUS AND THE REST?!?!?! I AM CONFUSION. Also I feel this just sets us up to believe Credence is gonna die in the next movie(s) and that irks me cause I love my lil Credence bb.

• See I am not an expert on the timeline so I defer to you and I agree with ya cause JK just goes crazy anyway with her tweets and randomness. I am sick of her tbh. No disrespect to her talent but it's getting out of control.

• I feel Grindelwald could have been played by SO MANY different actors and choosing Depp was predictable and problematic--I will never forgive them for throwing Colin Farrell's role in the trash cause I have a serious crush on his face, talent, errrrvrything.

• UGH LETA. THEY DID YA SO DIRTY. We were just barely getting to know her and her intentions, etc. I think her and Newt are my OTP and I wanted to know more of what happened then they did this... Probably because they didn't want her to outshine Tina. For some reason Tina just doesn't do anything for me but there were some cute scenes of them. I just felt more chemistry with Eddie and Zoe, there was well played history there. Major props to them.

• Ok here I have to disagree with you because Queenie keeps getting called crazy and she appears like she has a lot of history with being called this *blame my psych brain and also the fact i identify with her* so what Grindelwald is presenting is very seductive/appealing to her. Truly, I can see why she fell for it because she is vulnerable rn and she feels utterly alone, her gift as a legilimens causes friction and she lives in a world where her love isn't accepted. Grindelwald is totally scamming tf out of her but all the actions of Tina and Jacob basically sent Queenie right into Grindelwald's arms. She constantly has her feelings dismissed and although she does do wild things like cast a spell on Jacob (often it looks like), she hasn't had anyone to tell her feelings are valid and she hasn't had a chance to sit down with Jacob to say how much being called crazy hurts her probably cause of her gift of reading minds--it gets in the way!!! She is one of my favorite characters and one of the few I feel is fleshed out really well. She's played perfectly by Alison Sudol and when she walked through loyalty fire my heart broke. I literally GASPED on the plane!

• Yeah Depp sucks, his toxic ass needs to go to therapy/rehab rn.

do you dance?

of course, i dance. what is the point of life without dancing?
New Thread  Reply